It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tottenham: Redknapp misses family affair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Harry Redknapp does not mind the fact son Jamie's name will be missing from the Tottenham line-up at Portsmouth on Monday night.

Spurs skipper Redknapp junior is suspended for the Fratton Park clash having already collected five yellow cards this season, which brings an automatic one-match ban.

And he is facing even longer in the sin-bin after the Football Association levied a misconduct charge against him for a shocking tackle on Everton's Tim Cahill two weeks ago.

Redknapp has until Tuesday to respond to the charge - or else accept the near-certainty of a three-match ban.

Whatever the case, the 31-year-old former Liverpool and England star will again miss a collision with his 57-year-old father's Pompey side for the second consecutive season.

And father Harry, who could face Tottenham's Jermain Defoe, Frederic Kanoute and Michael Carrick, three of the players he made stars at West Ham, said: "Obviously I'm sorry Jamie is suspended.

"But it was always a bit strange whenever I came up against him at West Ham when he was playing for Liverpool.

"The fact is he is also a very good player. So putting personal feelings to one side, he will be one less we have to worry about and cope with on the night."

Redknapp junior added: "I'm sorry to miss out on this one because there is always a great atmosphere at Fratton Park.

"Spurs are on a good run and I've had a decent run of games. So the tempo was good but now I've got to sit this one out which is a shame.

"Personally I found in my Liverpool days that it is a bit hard when your dad is in the opposing dugout. So, at least, I miss out on that."

Team Talk

Shame he got that bad injury, would have been capped alot more by England.

TRD

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Looks like he will get quite a ban, it will be difficuolt for him to get back in esp if Carrick comes good....

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well Spurs lost to Pompey thanx to the Yaks goal.

new topics

join