It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Manchester United

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Saha keeps scoring!!! LOL!!

This is a turn up for the books as Manchester United have named Walter Smith as assistant manager until the end of the season. The former Everton and Glasgow Rangers boss fills the position vacated by Carlos Queiroz when he left last summer to take over at Real Madrid.

Sir

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Manchester United have revealed that manager Sir Alex Ferguson has had a pacemaker fitted.The operation was carried out last week and Ferguson was back in work the following day.Fears about Ferguson's health were first raised in December when it was revealed that he had been forced to enter hospital to have a heart irregularity corrected.At the time, as now, he insisted it would not have any effect on his job.

However, the news is bound to concern some United fans, who have seen their illustrious manager pitched into one of the most stressful periods of his 18 years at the Old Trafford outfit.Aside from the poor on-pitch performances since the turn of the year, culminating in Tuesday's stunning Champions League exit to Porto, Ferguson has also had to cope with huge intrusion into his private life.He revealed last month his torment at finding son Jason was having his mail stolen, a situation Ferguson believed had been brought about because of his legal dispute with United's major shareholder John Magnier.That battle is now over but Ferguson was equally outraged by questions being raised over his involvement in a series of transfer deals that were highlighted amid the 99 corporate governance questions posed of the United board by Magnier and his business partner JP McManus.

If that was not enough, he has also been heavily involved in Rio Ferdinand's battle against an eight-month suspension for a failed drugs test and had a huge row with the Football Association in the aftermath of the 'Battle of Old Trafford' with Arsenal.
Even for a man used to a punishing workload that would exhaust most men within a week, the extra pressure is bound to have an effect and Ferguson is more aware than most about the health pressures soccer management can bring.

TRD

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Manchester United all but said goodbye to their title after they went down 1-0 at Portsmouth in an early kick-off at Fratton Park.

With Arsenal moving 13 points ahead of the Red Devils by hammering Leeds 5-0 on Friday night, Sir Alex Ferguson's side looked very far from the Gunners' class as they failed to keep pace with their rivals.

Veteran midfielder Steve Stone, 33, scrambled home the only goal of the game to earn Portsmouth their first win over United in 47 years.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think it's funny how crap Man Utd have gone. Even sweeter was that crack addict Gary Neville (aka Dot Cotton) giving away the penalty at the weekend.

They've got so bad they're about as useless as and arsehole on my elbow.

Ferguson was blessed 10 years ago with a vast number of youthful talent coming through all at the same time. This is an anomoly and has not happened before, nor will it happen again. Furgeson is a #e manager and only this stroke of luck (plus a crazy french bastard called Cantana) saved his arse. Again, I don't think he could manage a cup off coffee the piss head.

Anyway, here comes your downfall for the manc scum, they wont win a title again for a number of years. It's Fan-bloody-tastic.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I think it's funny how crap Man Utd have gone. Even sweeter was that crack addict Gary Neville (aka Dot Cotton) giving away the penalty at the weekend.

They've got so bad they're about as useless as and arsehole on my elbow.

Ferguson was blessed 10 years ago with a vast number of youthful talent coming through all at the same time. This is an anomoly and has not happened before, nor will it happen again. Furgeson is a #e manager and only this stroke of luck (plus a crazy french bastard called Cantana) saved his arse. Again, I don't think he could manage a cup off coffee the piss head.

Anyway, here comes your downfall for the manc scum, they wont win a title again for a number of years. It's Fan-bloody-tastic.

Chuckle chukle..I'm guessing from that you support one of the top 6 teams in the league..Bitter are we?

Correct they had the youth come through all them years ago and was one of the most consistant teams,thing is they still are and only a blind fool like yourself can't see that.

So what we didn't win the prem but a top three finish is still consistancy.The trophy's will still be comming in and a FA Cup win is on the cards and its most prob more than YOUR team has won this season unless you are a gooner scumbag.

Ferguson has done well so you pulled that from your azz and Man U has turned into one of the richest clubs in England.

So unless you support Arsenal i guess you should STFU and get real.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speedfreak
Chuckle chukle..I'm guessing from that you support one of the top 6 teams in the league..Bitter are we?

No

Correct they had the youth come through all them years ago and was one of the most consistant teams,thing is they still are and only a blind fool like yourself can't see that.

consistant my arse, only a blind fool would say that.

So what we didn't win the prem but a top three finish is still consistancy.The trophy's will still be comming in and a FA Cup win is on the cards and its most prob more than YOUR team has won this season unless you are a gooner scumbag.

Oh yeah the FA cup, the one you didn't give a crap about a few years ago. Now you really want it?
How the mighty have fallen.

Ferguson has done well so you pulled that from your azz and Man U has turned into one of the richest clubs in England.

So rich you can't buy a decent player. What good is money when all you can buy is Veron and Djemba Djemba?

You'll probably argue Van Nistlerooy but he's on his way to Madrid and you know it.

So unless you support Arsenal i guess you should STFU and get real.

No

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well United arent at the moment they are trailing 1-0 to Blackburn if they lose this that'll be 3 in a row and i;ll be
all the way to the bog!

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
[size=10]they lost

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
[size=10]they lost

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Nice consistancy there Speedfreak, you've got to admire it it's hardcore. hahahaha!!!

Who's talking out of their arse now? I'd wish you good luck at Cardiff but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. Oh, and remember...the treble was a fluke, not talent.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by John Nada]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a fluck?? no offense but you mean fluke right.

P.S i iz #ing drunk now!

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
my bad, yes i did indeed mean fluke.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ohhh i bet you all loved that.

So how did your teams do?

I had a look around and hrmmm

Drunk...Portsmouth nearly relegated...say no more.

JohnNada...Liverpool...finished below us..

Yeah keep talking..When you actually finish above us you may have something to shout about. When is the last time you did that?

TRD

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Diego Forlan insists he wants to stick it out at Manchester United despite appearing to be surplus to requirements.

The 24-year-old Uruguayan striker has failed to establish himself in the first team, making only 10 Premiership starts this campaign, but he feels he can still form a partnership with Ruud van Nistelrooy.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speedfreak
Yeah keep talking..When you actually finish above us you may have something to shout about. When is the last time you did that?

2002. not that long ago, eh?

TRD

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Aston Villa were beaten 2-0 by visiting Manchester United, who ended the game with nine men.

Cristiano Ronaldo, who was sent off five minutes from the end after picking up his second yellow card, gave the visitors a stunning fourth-minute lead.

Ruud van Nistelrooy doubled the advantage six minutes later, slotting home from close range.

Scotland midfielder Darren Fletcher was also dismissed after two bookings, his second in the 75th minute.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have a feeling that the only way is down for Man U at the moment, and I couldn't be happier about it. Expect them to go through a decade of torture just like the Liverpool fans, although they'll still hang around the top 3 probably.

Sir

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I dunno if it is the way down for them. They missed Ferdinand badly and it will be like getting a new player when he returns. But a bad season for them as expectations are high at the club. Expect a few signings and they will be back up there challenging again.

TRD

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Manchester United will release three of players when their current contracts run out on 30 June.

Goalkeepers Ben Williams and James Jowsey, plus striker Neil Wood are each to leave after failing to break into the first-team reckoning.

Williams was on the bench for the first five games of last season and spent a spell on loan at Crewe this term.

Wood was an unused substitute for the League Cup loss in December at West Brom and has been on loan at Burnley.

TRD

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Nicky Butt has admitted that the FA Cup final could mark the closing chapter in his trophy-laden Manchester United career.

The long-serving midfielder spurned a move away from Old Trafford in January despite a host of offers following his indication that he was willing to quit his only professional club in the hunt for more first-team action.

The Gorton-born midfielder knows the situation will not get any easier next year and though Sir Alex Ferguson would be loathe to part with such a loyal mainstay of his squad, a parting of the ways could be inevitable.

TRD

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Leeds have insisted no deal has yet been done with Manchester United over the future of striker Alan Smith.The Elland Road club have already turned down two bids from United for the player but discussions are set to continue with Smith having indicated that Old Trafford is his preferred destination.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join