It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester United: Manchester United

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Fergie: I may be here until I'm 70

Sir Alex Ferguson believes he could go on managing Manchester United for the next decade.

The Old Trafford boss is midway through a two-year extension to his contract and has not ruled out emulating Newcastle United's 70-year-old manager Sir Bobby Robson.

Ferguson, 61, has new appetite for the game after lifting the Barclaycard Premiership title and his victory in the mind games over fierce rival Arsene Wenger of Arsenal.

soccernet.espn.go.com...

TRD

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ferguson has done a great job at Man U he seemed to have lost the way a little in the past year but is back on track..After winning the Premier league again and countless trophies over the years Man U would be mad not to persuade him to stay for as long as they can...

I dont think he will retire yet he wants to win the champions league title again and will be really strenghening the squad again for the comming season...If they get all their targets they are going to be so hard to beat....!

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
If he does sign all his targets, the league is already won.

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
If he does sign all his targets, the league is already won.

Totally agree...It seems they have made their first major deal if ronaldinhio agrees terms...He is a fantastic player but it might pave the way for David Beckham to leave..!

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hopefully it will, they don't need him as he is very over rated, 30m is a great deal. Fergie can use the money to add to the targets he is already after. Ronaldinho is one of the best players in the world.

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yep 30 million is a hugh sum to turn down i think Man U want him to go its weather he wants to...

Ronaldiniho has got to one of the best in the world as you say he is so talented,i think Man U will run away with the title this year and could win in europe if they bring in the right players..!

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Apart from the targets already mentioned, I think they need a decent centre back. Southgate would be my choice.

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think that i read that southgate is available,That would be a good choice he has been solid at the back for a number of years for his club and country...

Man U has had a bit of trouble in signing defenders over the past couple of seasons i think they will buy a defender so it will be interesting to see who they get..

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Southgate is up for 6m although Boro don't want to sell.

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Southgate is up for 6m although Boro don't want to sell.

Thats quite a bit..I knew he was available but not at that price..Im not surprised they dont want him to go he has played very well for them since he joined..

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   
He has played consistantly well throughout his whole career. Would slot nicely into the Man U team, come on Fergie get the cheque book out!!

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   

He has played consistantly well throughout his whole career. Would slot nicely into the Man U team, come on Fergie get the cheque book out!!

Southgate seems to be that type of player that would fit in to any back four..He has a good presence and would make a great captain if he went to Man Utd...

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Might find it tough to take the armband from Keane though! It says on the fanzone that Man Utd are preparing a 4m bid and Southgate has told Boro that he wants to leave. Signing number 2?

TRD

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I hope they get him...I would like to see man u win the league again being that we got relegated...

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Same for me, although I am West Ham for life, I always take a real interest in Man Utd.

TRD

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
A report out today that AC Milan has had secret negotiations with Beckham for the last 2 months..I think that AC milan is a better cub than Barcelona....

TRD

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Another bit of news............

Ronaldinho last night threatened to go on strike after his �9million move to Manchester United hit a brick wall....

I hope they get it sorted out as he would be fantastic to have in the side...

TRD

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre believes the club will recruit well enough over the summer to offset the potential loss of David Beckham.

The England captain looks likely to leave the Premiership champions during the close season but with Ronaldinho reportedly their number one target, United will swiftly fill the void, according to Silvestre.

The Frenchman told The Sun: "It won't change the balance of the team very much.

"Ronaldinho and Beckham do not play in the same position.

"I have not got a clue about Beckham's transfer but what I can say is United have always been very wise in their recruiting from one season to the next.

"There are only one or two players signed and the signings are carefully made."

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
France goalkeeper Fabien Barthez has dismissed speculation that he is unsettled at Manchester United and looking for a move.

The 31-year-old, in Paris with Les Bleus as they prepare to host the Confederations Cup, is certain he can remain number one at Old Trafford despite the possible arrival of American goalkeeper Tim Howard.

"For me, everything is going perfectly well," Barthez said in L'Equipe.

"I am 200% relaxed. For me, there is no debate. I still feel very happy in Manchester so I will stay there. There is no problem at all."

Barthez was dropped for United's last three Premiership games of the season after conceding six goals in the two legs of the Champions League quarter-final against Real Madrid.

The World Cup-winner revealed on Friday at France's training camp that United manager Sir Alex Ferguson angrily criticised him at half-time during the quarter-final second leg after Barthez let a snap-shot from Ronaldo sneak past him to give Madrid the lead.

"During our Champions League quarter-final second leg against Real Madrid, Ferguson was really angry at me during the break, but then a few days later came back to me and admitted I could do nothing to stop that goal."

His demotion to the bench was hard to take for a player who has won everything with France, but Barthez insisted the blow to his pride was part and parcel of a footballer's life.

Speaking about team selection, he said: "That is not for me to decide, I am not the boss. Of course it is hard to cope with, but that's the job.

"A goalkeeper can do well for four months but still experience a bad spell in four consecutive matches."

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Rennes defender Julien Escude will leave the club this summer if a suitable offer is received after new coach Lazlo Boloni agreed to part with his most valuable asset.

The 23-year-old has been a target for Manchester United but sporting director Pierre Dreossi refused to agree to any move last year, claiming the young player was an essential part of the squad.

However Boloni, who succeeded Vahid Halihodzic after the Bosnian joined Paris St Germain, now insists the youngster can go, with United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said to have continued his interest.

Dreossi said: "The current situation is that Julien will go if we have an offer that corresponds with what we are expecting. But at the moment we have not received any."

That offer may come sooner rather than later, with Birmingham City and French champions Lyon also interested.

Escude was signed from Cannes in 1999 and has since become a fixture at the Breton outfit, who narrowly avoided relegation from Ligue 1 this season by beating Montpellier on the final day of the season.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join