It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester City: Manchester City

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Straight from the kickoff Spurs win another corner and they left Docherty unmarked again,this time it was just over the bar,Man City were let off this time.

TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The game ended 1-1..

Manchester City had the better of the first half and maybe should have wrapped it up,Spurs came out second half and payed the better football.It could have gone either way and it was a good game,replay now at Spurs in the next couplke of weeks!

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm rooting for City lol

I wonder if Anelka will be off in the summer? There is rumours of this.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Nicolas Anelka has given Kevin Keegan a well-timed boost ahead of the Premiership run-in by declaring he still expects to be a Manchester City player next season.

Rumours have been rife that the controversial French striker, who will serve the last game of a three-match suspension when he sits out Sunday's first Eastlands Manchester derby, will leave City this summer after becoming increasingly disenchanted with life under Keegan.The Blues boss has consistently suggested the speculation is nothing more than mischief-making and insisted he wants his record signing to stay.

And it now seems as though the former England coach will get his wish.

TRD

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
How lucky are they today they just scored in the dying seconds..3-3 with Wolves now.

Sir

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
They was real lucky but it was a good goal by wright phillips.I just wish Man City would go down lol!

TRD

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Manchester City were edged closer to the relegation zone by a 3-1 defeat at home to Southampton on a day when attention shifted to the painful end of the Barclaycard Premiership table.

With Blackburn and Portsmouth both winning, City - who welcomed Kevin Keegan back to the dug-out after a four-match absence with a back complaint - emerged as the side the bottom three will hope to catch.

James Beattie put the Saints in front after 34 minutes, the England international heading home a cross from Marian Pahars, who was newly returned to the line-up after two months out injured.

And the visitors doubled their lead 10 minutes into the second half when Kevin Phillips headed in.

Nicolas Anelka pulled a goal back after 78 minutes but Phillips netted his second to restore Southampton's two-goal lead.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
All i got to say is go down you scumbags!!!

TRD

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Manchester City had a lucky late escape at Leicester but remain in deep trouble at the bottom of the Barclaycard Premiership after a 1-1 draw at the Walkers Stadium.

England goalkeeper David James saved a late Paul Dickov spot-kick which was hotly disputed as tempers frayed on either side of the touchline.

Michael Tarnat put the visitors ahead with a spectacular goal, driving in a shot from 35 yards on the stroke of half-time with the help of a deflection but some hesitant defending allowed James Scowcroft to head home an equaliser in the 66th minute.

The Foxes stay second from bottom and Kevin Keegan's side are only three points above the relegation zone.

TRD

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Manchester City boss Kevin Keegan hit out at his players after they slumped to defeat at Middlesbrough. Keegan, who had a meeting with the City board late on Friday night, revealed that he would not be given any more money to spend over the summer

Sir

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I can see Keegan leaving Man City sucked large style this season and they havn't got that bad players. Looks like Keegan's attack minded coaching has failed again at another club lol!

TRD

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Manchester City ended a disappointing campaign on a high with a thumping 5-1 victory over fellow-strugglers Everton at Eastlands.

City striker Paulo Wanchope (16) scored the opening goal and the Costa Rican pounced again on the half-hour mark.

Nicolas Anelka added third a minute before the break with substitute Kevin Campbell heading Everton's goal on the hour.

Antoine Sibierski and Shaun Wright-Phillips completed the rout with goals in the dying stages.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I can see Shaun Wright-Phillips and another one or two of their English stars moving on this summer.

With the rest of the not so interested there, I suspect they'll either really struggle next season or Keegan will do the predictable and jump ship.

TRD

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I was surprised i thought they would have done a lot better with the player's they have. I just don't like Keegan and his attack minded tactics. Maybe they would do better if they got a new manager and managed to keep the player's they have. But if they do lose some of them yea i think they will struggle again.

Sir

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Keegan blows real bad. Your right his tactics sux bad and its been proven. Once people get to know how they play they are up the shyte hole. He did the same with Newcastle got them promoted and had a great season in the first but when he hit the big time his gun ho tactics fell around his ears. I seem to remember he did the same with England aswell. He has to be the worse England manager we ever had. I can see a few players going at the end of the season and it cracks me up that Trevor Sinclair and David James went there to further their careers...Sucka's lol!

[Edited on 01/24/2004 by Sir]

TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Tim Flowers has joined Manchester City as goalkeeping coach after quitting a similar position with Leicester City.

The former England international made 66 appearances for the Foxes, including winning the 2000 Worthington Cup Final - before joining the club's back room staff 12 months ago.

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Daniel van Buyten's agent has left the door open for a potential long-term move to Manchester City.

Marseille, however, are believed to have slapped a 4million price tag on the defender and that could prove to be a stumbling block.

Van Buyten's loan spell at City came to a premature end in March when he was injured.

But by that time, only two months after arriving, he had won over manager Kevin Keegan.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think Keegan has obviously lost the players, and they just don't perform anymore. I think he's totally clueless, and the players are starting to dictate things. If he doesn't walk soon which I suspect he will then he will be sacked if results aren't good right away at the beginning of the season.

TRD

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Manchester City assistant manager Arthur Cox has announced his retirement from football.

The 64-year-old has enjoyed a career spanning almost 50 years in the game, the last three of which were as City boss Kevin Keegan's right-hand man.

Cox's playing career was cut short after he broke a leg while playing for Coventry and he then moved into coaching with the midlands outfit.

He had coaching stints at Walsall, Halifax, Preston and Aston Villa and was assistant manager at Sunderland when they beat Leeds in the 1973 FA Cup final.

Cox was also an assistant at Galatasaray in Turkey and in 1976 he landed his first management job when he took charge of Chesterfield before a four-year spell as boss of Newcastle, where he signed Keegan as a player.

Cox managed Derby County for nine years between 1984 and 1993 before rejoining Keegan as his assistant manager at St James' Park.

He then became director of football at Fulham when Keegan took over as manager at the club in 1997 and worked in a part-time coaching role for the national team when the City chief managed England.

TRD

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Belgian international defender Daniel van Buyten will not be returning to Manchester City for next season after completing a move from Marseille to Hamburg.

Van Buyten, who spent last season on loan at the City of Manchester Stadium, has signed a four-year contract with Hamburg after both clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join