It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackburn Rovers: Rovers keen on Kiwi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Blackburn Rovers are considering a move for New Zealand international Ryan Nelson.

The 26-year-old is currently with DC United in America's MLS, but has been given the chance to train with Rovers.

The Lancashire outfit are keen to bolster their backline and are likely to bring in at least one new defender in January.

"Ryan's only had a few days with us so far, but he's obviously keen to make an impression. We have asked him to stay for another week," said Hughes.

"Like most other managers, I am actively looking to see how it might be possible to strengthen the squad during the January transfer window.

"But I am not interested in simply bringing bodies in I am only interested in people I feel could make an immediate impact."

South African Aaron Mokoena was also on trial at Ewood Park in the last week and both he and Nelson may be handed the chance to launch Premiership careers by Rovers.

Skysports

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
never heard of the guy and at least it shows hughes realieses he needs some players in to make a difference. i guess there is a question mark of this guys ability but hughes will know best. not sure how he will adapt. never heard of a famous new zealand footballer or one playing in the uk for that matter? lol

join