It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arsenal: Real rendezvous for Wenger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has met Real Madrid president Florentino Perez in Paris, French sports paper L'Equipe reported on Tuesday.

The paper reports that Wenger met Perez, Real's director of sport Jorge Valdano and agent Marc Roger in the departures lounge at Orly airport in Paris last Friday afternoon and that the party then adjourned to a hotel.

Wenger, contacted by L'Equipe on Monday evening, limited himself to saying: "I met lots of people on Friday."

He then told the paper: "I am still contracted for two years at Arsenal and I will go to the end of this engagement.

"We will see what happens after that but I could even stay at Arsenal."

Current Real coach Vicente del Bosque's current deal expires in the summer and, after the club was eliminated in the Champions League semi-finals by Juventus, the outgoing European champions put the contract talks on hold.

The paper reports that Wenger was in Orly after visiting Switzerland while Perez is said to have arrived by private jet. Valdano came on a regular airline flight.

TRD

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hmmm suppose he could be getting frustrayed at Arsenal..lol...What with the limited transfer pot he has for the next season...I wouldn't expect a Frenchman to stay that loyal..

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   
LOL

Exactly, and watch his fellow country men follow him out the door if he goes.

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
LOL

Exactly, and watch his fellow country men follow him out the door if he goes.

You could be right their...I'm not sure about wenger i have never really liked him,he is too arrogant for my liking...

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Plus he is French

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
Plus he is French

Yep a even better reason for him to go....Who could they get or who would they want to replace him if he goes..??

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Don't care who it is, if he leaves Arsenal are finished.

Look at it, they haven't decided what's going on with the stadium, they are in massive debt, have no money for new signing and can't really cash in on what's there because the transfer market is so up and down. The defence is crap, they need a keeper and a striker to play with Henry. I'd say it's a bit of a mini crisis, if it where any other team or manager ir would be a big talking point in all the papers.

They lost the league, got humiliated in the Champions League and the only trophy was an FA Cup win against Southampton! Love it! Please go to Real Wenger, all those upset Arsenal fans.......... ha ha
Not that I'm in any way bitter, in fact I love Arsenal

TRD

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ermm Teflon i have to recorrect you their they ALWAYS get humiliated in the champions league....

I love Arsenal that much i went to cardiff to watch them get a beating by Liverpool in the F A Cup final a couple of years ago,man how i got drunk that day...LMAO

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
LOL
In this instance I'm happy to be corrected!!

new topics

top topics

join