It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: Why Roy Jones Jr. Is An All Time Pound-For-Pound Great - Part I and II

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
In this four part series, Greg Goodrich breaks down Roy Jones Jr's career to date and argues that despite his recent knockout loss at the hands of Antonio Tarver, the pride of Pensacola deserves to be recognized as an all time great pound-for-pound fighter. Part I examines the ramifications of his recent loss to Tarver.

Roy Jones Jr. seems to bring out the best in his opponents, and the worst in his critics. Proponents of 'Roycotts' and 'Roy bashing' are as ill begotten as they are misinformed. No matter what he has accomplished, it appears they are willing to ignore all of his wins, and instead focus on his only loss. Many dislike Roy Jones Jr. because he is a fighter who dances to the beat of his own tune the - literally. One loss does not a legacy break, nor does one win a career make. Roy Jones Jr. has been the best fighter in boxing for the last 15 years and it is about time that announcers, boxers and writers give him his just due.

CLICK HERE FOR PART I

In Part I of this four part series, Greg Goodrich compared Roy Jones Jr's recent knockout loss with those of former heavyweight greats. Part II examines how Jones' record stacks up against other pound-for-pound greats who have also been knocked out from the light heavyweight division and below.

CLICK HERE FOR PART II

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
No way! 3 words- Sugar Ray Leanord. A KO with a jab, hook, upper-cut, straight. Look at the competition that he had: Hearns, Duran, Hagler. I saw him stop a poor red-headed Irish kid with a JAB! Are there anymore fighter to compare to SRL? I quote Duran, "No Mas."

new topics

join