It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing: John Ruiz v Roy Jones ~ bring it on!!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
John Ruiz looks set to turn down a possible showdown with Fres Oquendo and instead pursue a return with Roy Jones.

WBA Interim heavyweight Ruiz was rumoured to be close to signing to fight fellow Puerto Rican Fres Oquendo in March, but instead wants a a rematch with Jones, the man who took his WBA heavyweight title in March of last year.

'The Quietman' captured a unanimous 12-round decision on December 13 against Hasim 'The Rock' Rahman for the WBA 'Interim' heavyweight crown, and the WBA had mandated before that bout that Jones fight the Ruiz-Rahman winner within 120 days for his world title.

According to WBA rules, Jones has until February 13th to go into negotiations for a rematch against Ruiz, or a purse bid will go into effect.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I for one want to see a rematch between Ruiz and Jones. I think Ruiz will do much better against Jones this time around. Although a fight with Fres Oquendo would be good too.

Ben

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
i would ruiz and jones also i saw the fight the first time even though i dont watch that many fights i will watch ones that i think are good. hahaha.

join