It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rugby, Australian Football: Romanian rugby drug scandal?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Members of Romania's national team tested positive for a substance that causes drowsiness and might have been impaired during a match against russia. Romanian players said they felt sleepy during saturday's 33-24 loss in a European Cup match, and asked to be tested. Doctors discovered traces of phenothiazine, a substance that causes sleepiness, in the urine of 12 players a day after the loss, spokesman Radu Constantin of the romanian rugby federation said "an unjustified feeling of drowsiness was noticed" constantin said. The federation is invesigatin how the players tested positive and will ask the international rugby board to also investigate

WOW...this is like a reverse steroid ploy...and i didn't know that they even played rugby in Romania, now you can say you have seen it here on sportztawk!!!

Ben

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
i dont get it, was it steriods

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
no, apparently someone gave the romanians the drug to make them sleepy for the game...

TRD

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thta is unbelievable,the extreme's people will go to,all to win the game.

Yes i knew the romanians played rugby,there is some obscure teams playing it like...Tonga,Japan,Zimbabwe,Argentina,Canada,Fiji and even the USA play in the rugby world cup!

I bet it would be hard to prove though that someone deliberatly spike them with a sleeping drug lol!

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
this is sad what people are doing lately, i have to say this is beyond sad.

top topics

join