It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: So Germany wins against Costa Rica.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
But I had a feeling Wanchope and Klose were going to score.

Look for Klose to score about 6-8 goals this tournament.

TRD

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I watched the game, Germany do look a bit suspect.

They didn't have a good run in to the World Cup and got beat a few times. Although Costa Rica did ok, they are not a great side. So it will be interesting to see if Germany progress and see how they do against a better quality side.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Seen the first half and i thought Costa Rica could hardly string a pass together, they did not look like a good side and their right back was awful. He was always out of position and the german player Swienstieger? (a Bayern Munich player) was ripping him apart.

Lahm i think it was who scored the first, that was a cracking goal!

And to be honest, i thought the German side are way different to the way they have been in the past. Its usually really really hard to break them down but they were not that great attacking, this time around it looks like the other way round.

At International level Klose has a great goal scoring rate, remember a few years back he banged quite a few aswell (maybe 5 or 6)

But at the back, Wanchope got in easy enough to score and he was rather slow at finishing it off i though, but he still managed to do it. At the back it just looks like they will concede goals.

Good to see Klinsmann trying different players out though, a much younger team in general that what it usually is.

TRD

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The germans always had a great defence but this team don't, thats why i say once they play a better team they will come unstuck.

new topics

top topics

join