It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Owen injury scare

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
England ace Michael Owen has suffered a new injury scare after pulling up in training. Owen pulled up with a "tight thigh" during training on Monday for Tuesday's friendly clash with Hungary. The Newcastle striker underwent a precautionary scan on the knock on Monday, but the results showed no damage.

Skysports

Thats all we need to be honest. We can't afford for him to break down and just be left with Crouch..

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
hehe.... whats going on lol.

I read today its looks like Rooney wont make it, the test being brought forward to see how he looks, if he looks bad they can replace him cos of the 24 hours deadline bit

Look at alot of the other teams, they take about 5 strikers with them. Sven is a muppet

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Muppet?

More like a brain dead idiot...

He should have picked more strikers like everyone had been saying all along. If we lose Owen aswell, Crouch will spearhead our attack..

Owen is down to play tonight so we'll see how he does and if he lasts..

TRD

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
He didn't look to great, but had a good chance to score. He definatly looks short of match fitness and hopefully he will get 90mins in our next game before the World Cup.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I watched the 1st half, and thought Owen looked ok. He was doing some running about, didnt do much but he was running and thats all Owen is for.

Still, that was against Hungary and they aint much of a team. And Owen didnt really do much, i know in the 2nd half you ripped them apart.

I dont think you can play 2 strikers who are unfit in a game, maybe... you could get away with it being just 1 striker not being fully fit.

new topics

top topics

join