It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: It has to happen sometimes

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I guess you can't hang on to belongings forever, but to sell something quite as prestige as this will cause quite a stir in the auction rooms. Ex-footballer Alan Ball has decided to sell his 1966 World Cup winners medal, his World Cup final cap and other memorabillia.

In the whole era of football, to the English, this would be one of the most sought after pieces of football history available. It's the only time that England have won the World Cup beating Germany in the final.

His reason? To gain finacial stability for his family. What sort of price would the medal and cap warrant? It has to be a huge sum as you don't come by these everyday.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
am suprised he has to sell it to make money for the family. how old is he now, he could become a pundit on tv or something and rake in a fortune.

its a one off aswell. am guessing around 20k?

whats your bet TRD?

TRD

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
He is 57 now, he was the youngest playing in the side i think at 21 years old.

West Ham paid 1.5 million or something for Bobby Moores Medal, Caps and other stuff, so it could be anything. The 66' medal has got to be in excess of 100,000, its priceless...

Sir

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It could be as much as 150-350 thousand just for the medal. Its a shame to sell but i guess you can't hang on to it for ever and he still has the memorys.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I read it will be a huge sum of money, going on whats been paid for previous ones that have been sold. It's a shame to sell as they are unique and a massive piece of sporting history.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Has he sold it yet?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
If he needs the money they why no cash in, he will always have the memory. Moores collection was high because the club bought, I think a private collector would pcik Ball's up for cheaper.

new topics

top topics

join