It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Alonso happy to stay at Sociedad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Xavi Alonso's agent has insisted that the Manchester United and Real Madrid target is staying at Real Sociedad.

The 21-year-old midfielder has caught the eye during Sociedad's surge for the La Liga crown and is believed to top Sir Alex Ferguson's summer shopping list.

Sociedad's title rivals Real are also believed to be in the hunt for his signature, with Ferguson himself suggesting they had already offered a �10m downpayment for the Spain international.

Alonso's agent, however, says the player is fully committed to Sociedad and has no desire to leave Spain.

"This story is false in every aspect,'' said his agent Inaki Ibanez.

"Xavi Alonso belongs to Real Sociedad, he has a contract with them until 2007 and there is no room for speculation."

Alonso has family ties which also bind him to the club; his father Periko Alonso was a legendary former player and coached them for a brief spell two seasons ago.

His brother Mikel is also on the fringes of the Real Sociedad first team and has appeared alongside his brother on various occasions this season.

TRD

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Yep i read this earlier on today...I didnt think he would go and he is a very talented player....

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
With the club riding so high there isn't really a need to move. At Sociedad he will be the top dog, go to Madrid and your just another player. Not sure what will happen, but for the time being I think he will stay put.

new topics

join