It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Piper staying put

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Leicester have been told by Sunderland boss Mick McCarthy that former Foxes winger Matt Piper is not for sale.

The Black Cats chief is under strict orders to reduce the wage bill at The Stadium of Light this summer - but insists not every player in his squad is available.

And he has warned the Foxes that England Under-21 international Piper is not about to return to his old club this summer.

Speculation has been rife this week that Leicester boss Micky Adams is lining up a �1m bid - but McCarthy scoffed at that valuation of a player he sees as central to his promotion plans.

"There would be uproar if we let him go for that just a year after bringing him here for �3.5m," he said. "He is here to inspire our supporters.

"He has had two operations and has hardly played since coming here, but I want to keep the lad, and I want him to play for us next season."

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is one player im not that familiar with but sunderland need to hold on to most of their players if they want to return to the premier league..

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
He's been out for a long time, but when he was fit he looked a good prospect. I expect he will stay and 1m isn't going to make much of a differance to Sunderland.

new topics

join