It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: English Premier Who Will Win

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
As the season is drawing to an end who do you think will win? Manchester Utd,Arsenal or Newcastle.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
hehe, Americans don't follow much soccer, doesn't get to much play on SportsCenter probably because we suck at it

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   

hehe, Americans don't follow much soccer, doesn't get to much play on SportsCenter probably because we suck at it

Can't be that bad their is a american in the Premier League can't remember his name at the moment.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yea our recent run in the World Cup was nice to see but i'm pretty sure it was a fluke.

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
No fluke ya played well!

Well personally i think Manchester Utd will win the league but we will see.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Naw, Portugal flopped losing to the Koreans, which opened the doors for the US and Korea to come out of our division.

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well if you look at it that way then i suppose so,but you need a bit of luck in everything...

remember now
Kasey Keller - tottenham
Joe Max Moore - everton
Brad Friedel - blackburn

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
we really get no soccer coverage in the states but if i learned anything from video games its that arsenol can beat 90% of the countries.

TRD

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Yes Arsenal and Manchester Utd are the top 2 clubs in the english leagues with players worth 10-40 million pounds each!

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Have the playoffs started? If not, when do they start?

TRD

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well there is 5 games left until the end of the season,when they have ended the top two in the lower divisions automatically go up to the next division and the bottom three go down,then they have playoff's to decide the third one to go up from the 3rd 4th 5th and 6th league places.

currently the team i support West Ham United is 3rd bottom in the Top league the Premier Division but we still have a good chance to stay up as it is close at the bottom..

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
that playoff seems wacky. so the best teams dont play each other in some sort of tourny. they just have a season to crown their champion. thats what i got out of your post. correct me if im wrong

TRD

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It is a bit strange..But you are correct they play a season with no play off's..
They only do play off's to determin who move's up a division..

During the season they have 2 domestic cups where all teams take part from every division in a knockout stage until the final which is a one off game.

Also the have european cup's where all the best team's in europe compete for 2 cups The Champion's League Cup and The UEFA Cup.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Will be Manchester or Chelsea... but i would like Arsenal, coz its my heart team

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Liverpool are joint top and their top goal scorer, Torres, has been out of action for four weeks. When he returns Liverpool will run away with it.
And to my American friends out there. . . it's football not soccer!

top topics

join