It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: NASCAR prize money

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Who wins what amount of money from competing in a NASCAR Winston Cup Series race?

What i always wondered was how a driver that finishes far back can win more money than a driver that finishes in the top 10?

Is it worked out on Bonuses?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
it's really quite stupid, i'm sure on the exact details since nascar doesn't release such info, it's sort of like the "rules book" that nobody has seen which i take to mean that they just make it up as they go along. but they determine who wins how much by your finish in the race, then if you are a past champion you pinch a little off of everyone elses winnings. if you are a past winner of that race you get a little more. and if you are Dale Earnhardt Jr. you get a little more. basicallly whoever nascar thinks should win some money, gets some.

TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
then if you are a past champion you pinch a little off of everyone elses winnings. if you are a past winner of that race you get a little more. and if you are Dale Earnhardt Jr. you get a little more.

Yeah is that how they work it,man that sucks.

Does each race carry a carry a purse figure,like do they sort out what payments are made before racing starts?

I have heard the term 'Studebaker money'
and i havn't a clue what it means?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
they do carry a purse but nobody know's how much is to be awarded to what place, it's a secret that's more gaurded than the recipe for Coca Cola. which makes me believe that they just make it up as they go along.

TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
More than Col Sanders secret reciepe aswell?

Why the secrecy? Do the bigger teams get sorted out more?

It should be fair all the way down the line but it doesn't seem like it is.

new topics

top topics

join