It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan's Admissions Lagging After Ruling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
University of Michigan's Admissions Lagging Under New Applications System After Court Ruling.

The Associated Press

I personally think the points system is BS! Another thing I am strongly against is the "race" question, WTF does it matter! If someone is able to go, and has the financial aspect covered, grant or otherwise, they should be allowed.

What does everyone else think of this?
MorningtonCrescent; I am really interested on what you have to say, bad or not.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Race shouldn't even be a question on ANY application...be it college, job, etc. and then you'd simply be done with it....

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
sorry for the thread necromancy, but I couldn't resist posting about this topic. I'm personally biased against their retarded points system, because it's why I didn't get in. (it worked out in the end, I probably wouldn't have been happy there, but still.)

I'll put it this way. both me and my best friend applied to Michigan. her GPA was slightly higher than mine, but my ACT score was very high. I sent in my application months before the deadline, she sent in hers a week before. she got in, I didn't. what's the difference? she's Mexican and her mom went to Michigan. stuff like that makes the difference between getting in and being rejected. I don't begrudge her the admission, but it does bother me that I was rejected not on my academic merits, but because my parents didn't attend UofM and I'm not of the correct ethnic background.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
wish I got free credits just to go to college. hell if i had that I mightve already finished lol.

top topics

join