It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do one remove mindblocks?(shields)?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
some years back i was experimenting with higher energies. i think i created a shield for my "mind". now i am looking for advice how to remove/break that shield.
can anyone help me??

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Be a little bit more specific man. Exactly what do you mean by "mindblocks"? Are these things impairing you of thinking right? Are they putting thoughts in your head you don't want?

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Futs
Be a little bit more specific man. Exactly what do you mean by "mindblocks"? Are these things impairing you of thinking right? Are they putting thoughts in your head you don't want?

it's more like not being able to manipulate the higher energies anymore. it's like i have a shield around me that my mind cannot penetrate. neither am i able to connect to the energysource in "the center of the universe". and not being able to astral travel. it is like i have created an virtual prison for my mind(spirit)
better now??

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Ah, I guess I see what you mean now. Although I'm not very helpful in these areas, sorry...

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
.............TAI CHI CHUAN...

would be one way,

but you must build a force greater than the one which limits you at this moment.....

essentially, STARTING AGAIN...

i take it that you are on a solitary journey,
and had no mentor or teacher...
extra caution is necessary,
other eyes as it were...
to avoid these snares & paradox

eom

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkspace
some years back i was experimenting with higher energies. i think i created a shield for my "mind". now i am looking for advice how to remove/break that shield.
can anyone help me??

get out of the house more often??

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Or you, mastermind can come up with something better to say than:

get out of the house more often??
????

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraffalunas
.............TAI CHI CHUAN...

would be one way,

but you must build a force greater than the one which limits you at this moment.....

essentially, STARTING AGAIN...
eom

excellent choice eom. If you embrace Carlos Castenada and the Yaqui way of knowledge, there is another way and Mezcal and peyote may get you there.

Personally I would take Tai chi chuan... not that have anything against swallowing hallucinigenic worms...but I thnk that Tai chi chuan is a healthier alternative.

hrxll

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
what is Mezcal then? i have never heard of that???

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

what is Mezcal then? i have never heard of that???

Peyote is a hallucinogen; mezcal may be in reference to mescaline, but i dont see how mescaline would help anyone on any spiritual journey.

Personally, if your looking to tinker with herbs, look into salvia divinorum. A sage used by the mayans for spiritual journeys. Make sure your not alone. Your entire reality will fade for a few minutes and you'll basically enter into your mind, i have no other way to explain it.

And before you say no. read this experience:
www.erowid.org...

[edit on 17-7-2004 by intrigue]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Bob s site here is very useful.
Well,it is for me.Also you get lots of good links from the posters.aswell.

Unfortunately it just had been hacked,but he is quickly putting things back.

www.kundalini-support.com

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
well, i do have a lot of books on herbs and recepies. maybe i'll try to mix something nonlethal to set me into a trance. it might just work. even if i am a little reluctant to "drugs" even if they are legal. and to try anything ilegal is never even going to cross my mind. i don't even like to take normal pills for headaces.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

it is like i have created an virtual prison for my mind(spirit)

Well it sounds like this "shield" is just a part of your subconcious and probably not an energy block. Did you at some point in the past desire to repress your 'abilities' due to conflicts they were causing in your life or for other reasons?

I suggest just trying to 'feel' the shield or barrier if you can, or pay attention to any detrimental thoughts that enter your mind when attempting whatever it is you are trying to do. Just imagine the shield and see and 'feel' it dissappearing from around you. Counter all detrimental thoughts that enter your mind while doing your practices with a more positive one. You need to truly believe that this "shield" is going away so that you can replace the belief of this "shield" in your subconscious with the belief that it is no longer there.

You could use drugs and energy exercises such as qigong and tai chi chuan but really those are just tools in this case. Since it sounds like this is not an energy block, but just a detrimental belief, you are going to have to do the work mentally. Those tools may help you change your belief faster but they are really not needed in this case (unless you created some energy blocks but its probably all mental).

Just keep an open mind and realize and truly believe that you created this shield and you can just as easily bring it down.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
nah, i was actually trying to make a shield to stop some outside influence. it seems as i did it too well. i have tried countless times to take it away. but since it seems as i am not able to "connect" anymore, it is very difficult. the belief that my abilities work is the essence of my belief. so it is not possible to only be a mental block. that i would have broken down in an instance. if i am able to rid myself of that block, the people of this board would be among the first to know.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Alright, ya you must have some energy blockages then. Like riffraffalunas suggested Tai chi chuan would work, or qigong or look at this site link. That is a really easy method to use if your not familiar with either of the two above listed practices.

I've never used drugs in dealing with stuff like this so I can't comment there.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
i never used "drugs/potions" dealing with stuff like these either.
thanx for the link. i'll look into it.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Where as I cannot do what you want to do, I am a telepath. I can tell you what helps me and it might help you too. Try being in a room without EMI-TV off, radio off, lights off, microwave off...get the hint...and it should be dark as possible-drapes drawn. You should be in a place in the house where you are very comfortable and used to being.
One of the biggest influences I have noticed is strong emotion. Very happy, depressed, angry....tend to help-I think help to concentrate and get silence the "white noise" in your head-other thoughts that intrude.
I have also noticed being "buzzed" really helps-maybe it helps one concentrate on one subject-don't know. I cannot explain why these things help me, it is just empirical evidence.
Hope this helped.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ok and if none of that works try this. [Or maybe you have?]

Go somewhere peaceful outdoors, somewhere there is space, beauty, somewhere that has good vibes for you, but it has to be outside. Meditate for a while, breath nice easy, feel the elements around you the sounds the smells, clear your mind. Focus, open your mind. Then search for the place you have lost, remember it, remember what it was like, feel for it, call to it.

Hopefully buy now it should be in reach, be prepared though you might have to fight for it, something may be blocking you, focus on the reason you put up the block in the first place, push it away, its done, you don�t need it. At which point remember there is only you and the force at the centre of the universe your strength, there is nothing else at that point. If you find it keep it don�t let go and continue your journey don�t look back, at least not for a while anyway.

Just a thought

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

can anyone help me??

Herbs and drugs like peyote and marijuana open up the chakras artificially and this can lead to altered experiences. However, it is much better for you physically and psychologically if you avoid the use of these substances altogether and just pursue a natural unfoldment of psychic abilities and altered experiences.

In regard to a blockage, if you created it with your mind, then simply deprogram it by going into a deep meditative state and affirming the desire to be as you were before. If it is an astral shield/thought form, it will naturally dissipate with time anyway. If it is part of your own initiated programming to serve as a defense mechanism, you need to go deep within and do some inner housecleaning, again, by affirming the desire for the block to be shut down.

Regarding the higher energies that you were given in the past that enabled you to pursue remote viewing, astral projection, etc., the best way to get that back is through sincere prayer and deep meditative practice.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Don't be too quick to dismiss the value of a "mind block". It sounds like you had good enough cause to create one.

Perhaps a better alternative, instead of opening the door to all comers, is to build up your "strength" until you transcend the block.

There are many ways to do this, and no hallucinogenic drugs are required to do so. Yes, they can "open your mind", but beware, because that door swings both ways.

If you are truly committed to overcoming that which holds you back, I have some suggestions:

1) Quiet your environment. If you have a TV, store it. Avoid mass media in general (too many messages bombarding you), and don't believe everything you read on the Internet. Take responsibility for your thoughts, and don't let others make your decisions for you. Subliminal messages found in advertising are poison to this objective. Anything that "nags" at you must be addressed and resolved. Chill and cut yourself some major slack. Be very careful not to get on your own case for having a "mental block". It's perfectly okay, and should reassure you that your defenses are strong. It is GOOD that you are who you are!

2) Free yourself from routine. One poster said "get out of the house more often??". That's actually good advice. However, avoid noisy places or places that make you feel uncomfortable for any reason. If you have access to quiet, outdoor environments you feel safe in, they are tonic for the soul. Think about the world around you, and the universe in general. It is liberating. Lead your thoughts outside yourself and your routines.

3) Lay the "voices in your head" to rest. This is not psychosis, everyone has a sense of nagging, perhaps a self-dialog that is not very positive, an inner cynic. Address these inner "voices" directly, and see what the problem is. They usually have a gripe. See if you can resolve the "problem" in a positive way. When you do, your mind will be free of distracting self-criticism.

4) Practice dissociating yourself from the familiar. Become a "stranger in a strange land" and "step outside your normal self". Some of my favorite exercises:

a) In town, try to not be able to read signs, rather, think of them as being in a "foreign language". Look with new eyes on what you would normally translate, and appreciate them for what they actually are, without interpretation. When you see them and cannot understand them as "words", you have succeeded.

b) Outdoors, drink in the landscape and become part of it. Think about what you are seeing in terms of the distant past or distant future. Long before you arrived, and long after you will be gone, the land will be here. Try to see things from that point of view. When you see the world functioning without your presence, you have succeeded.

5) BE PATIENT. These things take time. Learn to appreciate the passage of time in and of itself. Don't worry about the past or future, focus on what is happening now. Commonly called "Zen", this represents a further refinement of the concept of "quieting your mind". Don't obsess on goals, rather, come to appreciate the seeking. It is a joyous quest. Be receptive to what is actually happening right now, and try not to fit it in with what you already know or expect to see. Don't let your desires deceive you. When you can accept what is really happening, right now, without judgment or analysis, you have succeeded. Doing this opens your mind to the possibility of truth. You will be amazed at what you have been overlooking!

6) Do not fear. You are in control. Remember that what you are doing is expanding what can be thought of as the boundaries of your "self", but that you are still intact, whole, and in control of who you are. Your decisions will always be yours to make. Only by your conscious surrender can that be changed. Never surrender unconditionally to the will of others. Rather, remember that you can always take your ball and go home, no matter what. Don't fall for psychic "con games" or head trips seeking to manipulate you. They have no power over you that you do not freely grant them. You have more power than you can possibly imagine, a tremendous strength that protects you from day to day in your "normal" life. No one except yourself can overcome that kind of power. Never forget that.

7) Explore your own mind. Examine your life, your thoughts, dreams, beliefs. Painful memories? Confront them, resolve them. Get to know yourself and be good friends with yourself. Love yourself, you are worth loving. Before you can safely venture "out there", you must be strong in yourself, confident of who you are. This is something only you can do. Your ego is a good thing. Love and cherish it, as it is your base and foundation in the universe. It is the gift of self that no one can take from you. Rejoice in who you are, and be glad. You are truly wonderful and your course is your own to set, never forget that.

Do these things, and then you will be ready to explore. You already know that in exploring, you will encounter others. Never forget that authority over your actions and thoughts is yours and yours alone. No one can take that from you, but it can be given. Never give yourself away.

It has been mentioned in this thread that a "guide" or "mentor" are good ideas for such endeavors. This is indeed very true. However, the advice still applies: never let another rule you. Seek others for advice, but never for permission. Don't fall prey to a Svengali. You are autonomous, as God made you. Never surrender your will, it is your most valuable possession.

A reminder about drugs: yes, they do work to various degrees, but nothing is free. You are better off approaching consciousness with a clear mind. I have tried both paths. I prefer and recommend clarity. A preoccupation with drugs will bring you only sorrow. They are not needed, just a shortcut that can become a longer and more torturous road than simple meditation would reveal to you.

The key to enlightenment does not lie in your body, but in your soul.

You have already sought advice. That's a good thing. Continue to do so, and remember: your greatest gift, your greatest blessing, is yourself. Never squander who you are.

Proceed slowly, remember you can stop anytime, be true to yourself and enjoy the journey.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join