It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: Week one college football

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well week one is over and all but one game went the way i thought it would, so my question to you is.....

Was Cal overrated at #9?
or
Was Tennessee underated at #23?

I think Tennessee was underated, their defense was very impressive not to mention the revamped and suddenly mature offense. I don't think Cal was overated just maybe not expecting that tough of a game from a classically underachieving Vols. I've heard talk already of Tennessee being the team to beat in the SEC east but i say give it a couple weeks to see if they fall apart like they have the last couple years.

Another game that was interesting to me was Notre Dame/Georgia Tech. I think Tech was way underated in pre season polling and should crack into the top 25 by means of a great showing against a very good ND. Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
And a great game between FSU and Miami. Such an equal match-up.

FSU wins 13-10

My favorite part of this weekend was watching the local 1-AA team beat Duke.

[Edited on 9/4/06 by SurfOBBC]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Both.

Cal was over-rated, as they showed. The #9 team in the land should not be getting blown out like that. And Tennessee was under-rated, but not by much. They played over thier heads, and at home. Lotsa emotion there, but they wont' be that good all season long.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Also~

It was obvious in the game against Georgia Tech that Notre Dame is overrated. I think its a bit of both GT being underated and ND being overated.

top topics

join