It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Others: Curling- it's not what your father watched anymore.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I know what you're going to say, curling? Yes curling. Once you get into it you will not be able to give it up. Who couldn't get behind a sport that needs a triple raise to steal 1 to win a game. There's a commercial on TV that is spoken by a curler, "They say football is a game of inches, I wish we had inches." The season is starting up soon so you will be hearing me go on about it. Check it out. Like I said, it's not what it once was. If you know who Kelly Law is you'll know what I mean, and she's not the only hottie in this sport. I'm sure we're going to see this go into the "most hated sport" thread but if you haven't seen it in recent years, you don't know what you're missing.

TRD

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Are we talking about the game they play on the ice? When the roll the stones (i think thats what they are called) towards the target and they sweep the ice to make them go further?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Yup, that's the one.

TRD

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ah man that game is cool. I watched it in the last big tournament. The World Championships i think. I like the ladies playing it better than the men and if i remeber rightly Great Britain have quite a good team and they won a medal.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
GB has a good team, so do the Scots.The Finns, Swedes, Norway, Amer. is coming on. If I missed someone, it was unintentional.

This is a terrible picture but the best one I could find.
Kelly is the one on the right.

TRD

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hey i found this one...

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yeah but she looks better with long hair. She's got kids now, so she had to retire. Damn shame, curlers can now make a living at their sport but it takes a lot of time away from home.

I likewise prefer the women's game, more touch, as opposed to the power game the men employ.

TRD

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
By watching it, i noticed it does take a lot of skill. They turn the stones certain way's to get the swing on them and other stuff. I think it is great to watch.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRDThey turn the stones certain way's to get the swing on them and other stuff. I think it is great to watch.
The brushing makes a difference in the curl as well. More brushing = less curl.

Ben

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
its funny to watch them with them brooms and such, good laugh i think.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Curling puts me to sleep. Heck, Bowling is a lot better. Watching bowling reminds me of the Flintstones. Curling is only good for people that are out of shape. Any exercise is good exercise right. The only athletes in curling are the broomers who have to be in top shape to smooth the ice. lol

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Like bowling and golf, I think its a better sport to play then to watch. Hot chicks or not.

new topics

top topics

join