It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennis: KRAJICEK

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Former Wimbledon champion Richard Krajicek quit tennis on Thursday, four days before this year's Championships are due to begin.

The 31-year-old Dutchman admitted he had lost his battle with injury.

Krajicek, whose victory in the 1996 final against MaliVai Washington was his career highlight, was clearly emotional and choked back the tears as he announced his decision.

"It is hard for me to put into words what I feel now," said the big-serving Dutchman.

"I have played more than 25 years and I have enjoyed it immensely.

"But last week I knew it was over. My elbow hurts too much and even playing at my beloved tournament in Wimbledon is no longer possible."

Krajicek made his decision to retire after defeat at the hands of Olivier Mutis of France at s'Hertogenbosch on Tuesday.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Former Wimbledon champion Richard Krajicek quit tennis on Thursday, four days before this year's Championships are due to begin.

The 31-year-old Dutchman admitted he had lost his battle with injury.

Krajicek, whose victory in the 1996 final against MaliVai Washington was his career highlight, was clearly emotional and choked back the tears as he announced his decision.

"It is hard for me to put into words what I feel now," said the big-serving Dutchman.

"I have played more than 25 years and I have enjoyed it immensely.

"But last week I knew it was over. My elbow hurts too much and even playing at my beloved tournament in Wimbledon is no longer possible."

Krajicek made his decision to retire after defeat at the hands of Olivier Mutis of France at s'Hertogenbosch on Tuesday.

he was one of my favorite players to watch

TRD

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Krajicek wasnt that bad a player i think he never played to his ability and its a shame he has had to retire through injury.I remember when he won wimbledon he look awesome...

new topics

join