It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: 2005-06 NBA Playoffs

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Got to watch just about the whole thing last night. I was jumping outta my seat cheering for the Mavs. Great game.

First game of the Finals in Thursday night.

Predictions?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I dunno what my predictions will be. It's a hard decision, and'll require me to actuallu put somethought in.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Ah, c'mon! I already have it figured out, the Mavs will take it in 6 games. The Heat will steal one in Dallas, but the Mavs will get it back while in Miami. I think that age will catch up with the Heat in this series. Besides, the Mavericks have more depth, which will help in case any injuries occur.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Gibbs, you missed the last time that both teams were there for the first time: 1971, Milwaukee Bucks vs. Baltimore Bullets.

My call is Dallas in six games. Miami has no one to control Dirk Nowitzki. Shaq will probably have a couple good games, but he will be controlled by the Hack-a-Shaq techniques of Dallas. I see Dirk getting 35 points a game in this series.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BirdstheBest
Gibbs, you missed the last time that both teams were there for the first time: 1971, Milwaukee Bucks vs. Baltimore Bullets.

I had read that in the newspaper also, but if you go to the NBA.com history page LINK HERE you will see that the Baltimore Bullets played in the championship after the 1947-1948 year. That may have been a different team, I'm not up on my Bullets history, but if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...

My call is Dallas in six games. Miami has no one to control Dirk Nowitzki. Shaq will probably have a couple good games, but he will be controlled by the Hack-a-Shaq techniques of Dallas. I see Dirk getting 35 points a game in this series.

I do have to agree with you on this (as I had already stated) but the Hack a Shaq will help, and they have more depth to get guys out there fouling him.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There was a Baltimore Bullets team when the league originated, but that team folded in 1954. In 1961 a new team was started called the Chicago Zephyrs, who became the Chicago Packers the next year. In 1963, the team moved to Baltimore and changed its name to the Bullets. So that's where that 1971 team came from.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
see, I didn't look that far into it, just at the NBA.com webpage listing of former champions and the teams they beat. So, seeing the same name, you can understand why I didn't get it correct...

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The Miami Heat played well tonight, but the Dallas Mavericks were just too good. They contained Shaq, and also benefitted from some great play from Jason Terry, who had 32 points! If Dallas can do this with Dirk Nowitzki only scoring 15, just think of what they will do when he drops 40.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I made up my mind just before tip-off, but was unable to come post about the series match-up until now. It was extremely hard to determine who I choose, but I say Mavs in 6. I expected Dirk to be the offensive force, which I was proved wrong in Game 1. Noone can stop Dirk on the Heat, whether hes shooting or dishing. I say both teams remain perfect at home until game 6 in Miami, where the sole Road loss results in a Mavericks Championship.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hello all! Thanks for letting me post. I can honestly say up untill about five/six years ago, I didn't care about anything non Cowboys. But this is great!! Nice to have another team in the big show. I thought this series would be all about who won the boards, which Miami did, and Dallas played for sux.....you guys are right....what happens when Dirk DOES open up??? Dare I say five???

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I didn't get to catch the game last night, but was happy to hear how the game went last night, with the MAvs winning even though Dirk had a rough game.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I didn't get to catch the game last night, but was happy to hear how the game went last night, with the MAvs winning even though Dirk had a rough game.

You missed an awesome game. I thought the mavs were gonna lose getting down by so much, but I knew it was over for the heat when Dirk hit that shot right at the half-time buzzer. :party-smiley-018:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'm ticked that tominght's game doesn't start until 9 PM. That means if I want to watch it, I'll likely end up staying at my Mother's house tonight, and wakign up extra early tomorrow morning for work. Crap!

I think that tonight's game will wind up going to the Heat.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So this is the first pregame I've seen. What in the heck is Wilbon doing there?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Wilbon's been there for a while, but I don't ind him. I'd rather have him than Walton. But the Mavs lead by 19 at about the midway point in the 3rd quarter. The Mavs opened the lead up in the second quarter when they scored 32, holding the Heat to 17. As I said, The Mavs will win tonight, but look for the Heat to rebound with 2 wins in Miami.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Very impressive win by the Mavericks last night, and I'm surprised it ended that close, the way the game was going. About halfway through the second quarter, it looked to be all Heat. Then the Mavericks just turned it on, the shots were falling for them, and they exploited the Heat like last nights leftovers.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
..........thanks for the welcome........Shaq held to 5, we might need to make this the first to three to give the old man some rest....just my opinion....stay hard

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well hello there Dallas. I'm sorry, i didn't even notice that you were a new poster. In this thread I don't really pay attention to who posts, but what is posted. if you would like to have a nice welcoming, post an introduction Here

i figured this was going to be a tough series to pick, but I'm starting to see it's one-sided. Could it be the Mavs will be pulling out that dusty broom? I don't think there will be but 1 close game in this series. I still think the Heat even it up at Home, then the Mavs close it out with the next two games to take it in 6. i expect Shaq to break out of his funk for the next game. I think he will be the factor in the Heats success in game 3.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I don't like Walton when he is the only color guy. He's just too irritating. However, when he is kept in check by Steve "Snapper" Jones, he's all right.

The ABC and ESPN studio teams just aren't on the same level as the TNT team. I do like the idea of having Dan Patrick handling things, though.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I don't like Walton when he is the only color guy. He's just too irritating. However, when he is kept in check by Steve "Snapper" Jones, he's all right.

The ABC and ESPN studio teams just aren't on the same level as the TNT team. I do like the idea of having Dan Patrick handling things, though.

Word for word, I'm with you, BtB.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join