It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Farewell to MJ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Michael Jordan
I think we're seeing the end of the road(again) for the best b-ball player to ever lace them up. Its arguable, but in my opinion he was the best ever, certainly the best since I've been watching. His championships and MVP trophies speak for themselves not to mention the scoring titles, defense, leadership, etc. that he brought to the court. I really enjoyed watching him and am glad I got to see him play his entire career, all the way back to his Tarheel days.

Here's a list of his top 40 moments: CLICK HERE

Jordan's Top 10 Commercials: CLICK HERE

More good Jordan tribute stuff: CLICK HERE:

TRD

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm not a big basketball fan but he was awesome!

Perhaps the greatest player in NBA history, Jordan scored 15 points in the finale to his 15-year career, which included 10 scoring titles, six championships, five MVP awards, two comebacks,a glittering career which brought joy to many a fan and a seemingly endless reel of highlights.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
We are very lucky that we got to see the greatest basketball player ever in our lifetimes. I know that one day when I have children of my own and they ask me "dad who is the greatest basketball player ever?". I'll be able to say that I actually saw him not only play but I got to watch almost every single great moment he had in his career.

Michael is the greatest ever period.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Offense, Defense.. He had it all!!!

Jordan is and was the greatest!!!

Ben

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
there are some people out there that are saying that if Carl Malone stays around for a couple more years he will have the all-time scoring record and Jordan wont. Is this possible?

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Let 'em have it. Although I doubt It'll happen, because it seems to me like he's starting to wear down. I think he'll play two more seasons.

Even if he breaks the record, Jordan still has the highest career points per game average. And that's more significant IMHO.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
there are some people out there that are saying that if Carl Malone stays around for a couple more years he will have the all-time scoring record and Jordan wont. Is this possible?

I saw an interview on espn with karl malone and it is true...if he stays around for 2 years he will have the all time scoring record. Malone said he will play for 2 more years because he wants that record. He also said there is a good chance he will leave utah because he desperately wants a championship ring.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Isnt it Kareem Abdul Jabaar's scoring record he can beat within two years? Kareem ended up witht he highest amount of points scored, over 30,000...

Mike's scoring record is his average, which is about 31 i think.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i think your right cannon

Ben

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
yea your right cannon, my mistake thanks for the correction.

top topics

join