It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Ben Wallace

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Ben Wallace sprained his left MCL in a game yesterday will the pistons be the same if he doesnt play again this season?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I didnt hear that, I dont think they are near as good without Wallace. He isn't a huge offensive force, but his defense and rebounding skills are among the best in the NBA, thats bad timing for the Pistons.

Ben

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
it is a huge lose for the pistons, Wallace is a big help on the offensive front because he is setting picks, and moving around grabbing lose balls. He is by the far one of the best defenders down low in the league. And he is having an MVP type of a season, lets hope that this isnt two serious he is going to have an MRI on monday. If he is done for the season i dont see the pistons making it past the first round.

Ben

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
espn.go.com...

luckly Ben Wallace is only out for two weeks, but this still hurts the Pistons chances in the playoffs, will they be able to compete without Ben in the lineup?

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I basically think the Pistons are the �Miami Heat� without Ben Wallace.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Does anyone know if Wallace is supposed to be back by the playoffs?

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I think he is because his sprained knee ligament has been downgraded.

Ben

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So far the Pistons have been playing very well without Ben, the beat Cleveland to clinch the top seed in the eastern conference.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I just saw the pre-game before the Detroit - Orlando game, and they said Ben is about 80-90% healthy and that he is still one of the fiercest defenders and rebounders in the league, even injured. Should be a good series, TMac will try to carry the Magic but Detroit is tough.

Ben

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
i was watching the Detriot- Orlando game and i noticed that it didn't look like the same Ben, and this could hurt the Pistons, they really need Ben's inside presence espically with T-Mac driving to the hoop. Without Ben down low Orlando has a solid chance of winning this series.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
BEN WALLACE = DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR!

1. Ben Wallace 100 first place votes
2. Ron Artest 2 first place votes

Ben

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Ron should have won the defensive player of the year. He is a much better defender then Ben. Ben has more block and rebounds per game. But Ron just plan old shuts down a player in a game. The only reason why Ron didnt win it is because people dont like him. He is a very good player he just losses him temper once and a while.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
with the voting being that lopsided i really dont think artest lost just because people dont like him...i believe ben definately should have won it.

Ben

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Ben is a great defensive player i just think that Ron should have gotten a little more votes, he is a very strong defender and he is capable of shutting down any guard in this league. Ben deserved to win this, he is a great defender.

top topics

join