It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Marks Brothers honoured by Miami.

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Mark Clayton and Mark Duper will enter the Miami Dolphins 'Ring of Honour' in the same way they broke the hearts of many NFL teams - together.

The top receiving duo in club history, dubbed the Marks Brothers, will be enshrined during half-time of the Dolphins' Monday night game against Philadelphia on December 15.

"If you talk about one, the other one's name immediately comes up," Clayton said. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Clayton (42) and Duper (44) will join the honour roll featuring coach Don Shula, team founder Joe Robbie and quarterback Dan Marino.

Also honoured are Nat Moore, Bob Kuechenberg, Dwight Stephenson, Larry Little, Nick Buoniconti, Paul Warfield, Jim Langer, Bob Griese, Larry Csonka and the 1972 undefeated team.

These will be the first additions to the ring adorning the upper deck at Pro Player Stadium since Marino was feted September 2000.

Marino had publicly lobbied for their induction.

The trio hooked up for 1,030 receptions for 16,943 yards and 134 touchdowns during their 10 seasons together from 1983 to 1992.

"They both played a big role in my career and I certainly wouldn't have had the same success without them," Marino said.

"They both started in the league around the same time as I did and it didn't take long for me to realise they were something special."

Duper, a three-time Pro Bowl player, joined the Dolphins in 1982 as a second-round pick from Northwestern State in Louisiana.

Clayton, a five-time Pro Bowl player, followed a year later as an eighth-round pick from Louisville.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I remember watching "Super" Duper and Clayton growing up, those two with Marino made for an awesome passing attack for the Dolphins.

new topics

join