It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Minnesota Vikings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Daunte Culpepper signed for something like 10 years and $100 million yesterday.

What do you guys think of that?

I don't know. I'm not really big on that guy.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think he's pretty good, but I think thats a risky contract. Thats a long time and an awful lot of money, I think its close to the deal McNabb got in Philly. These contracts are so out of hand, will they ever top out? That could be a whole new thread.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
well i despise the vikings. but he's not to bad a quarterback, i don't think he's worth that much but if someone's offering it might as well take it.

Ben

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Daunte is not a bad QB at all. Last season he had some difficulty because of the whole Randy Ratio, and the pressure to always just throw to one receiver. The contract that the Vikings gave him is a little to much and is a big risk. Cuase in football now and days the injury risk is so high and anything can happen. I agree with aegis they should take some of that money and put it into players and make there team better instead of spending it all on one person. Or with Moss two people.

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
oh yes how could i forget Randy Moss? that fine upstanding citizen of minnesota. i don't know if ya'll heard about this but it was all over the news here. his car was being ticketed, so he got in and hit the parking attendent with his car, she landed on the hood and he drove for about 100 ft. well when he finally stopped and the police came, loe and behold he had illegal drugs in his car. of course they weren't his and he didn't know who they belonged too. the Vikes should of dumped him then or earlier. he's been causing major headaches for the vikings, since they pay him so much it's really went to his head, thinking he's better than everyone else on the team. and while he's got his big head he really has went down the toilet in performance. perhaps i'm biased because i don't like minnesota but moss has to go.

Ben

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I agree with you aegis 150%. They should have let Moss go or Traded him away. Even Since Moss complained about not getting the ball enough this team has went down the Tubes. It all started when Carter left the team and them Moss got gready. And the mangement did nothing to stop Moss but say ok whatever you want Mr. Moss we will do it for you. Any other player that did a stunt like Moss did with the Ticket would have been kicked off the team, but cause it was Moss they decieded to go easy on the guy. I thought it was redicoulus with how they let the guy off the hook. I think somebody should step up wheather it is the Head Coach, the owner, or even Daunte who just signed a huge contract. Step up and say this whole Randy Ratio is a bunch of non-sense, and say we need to do something else to win cuase this is not working.

TRD

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Minnesota Vikings running back Michael Bennett could miss the upcoming season following a setback to the injury on his left foot.

Bennett had surgery in the spring after injuring the foot in a freak treadmill accident.

According to reports the screw that Bennett had inserted has broken and he must choose between a procedure that could get him back on the field late in the pre-season, or a safer one that would sideline him for the year.

Commenting on the report, Vikings spokesman Bob Hagan said: "That's pretty accurate, yeah."

A first-round pick in the 2001 draft, Bennett was a major factor in the NFL's top rushing game last season, totalling 1,296 of the team's 2,507 yards.

He also had five touchdowns on 255 carries.

Well this could be a big loss to the vikings...

TRD

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The Minnesota Vikings took Maryland's Bednarik Award-winning middle linebacker E.J. Henderson as the 40th overall pick.

Henderson took the award, which is given for the top defensive player, and also won the Butkus Award winner as the top linebacker.

In his final collegiate season, Henderson collected 175 tackles, including 19 and a half for losses, eight and a half sacks and two interceptions.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The NFL suspended Minnesota Vikings tight end Byron Chamberlain for the first four games of the season for violating the league's policy on banned substances.

Chamberlain tested positive for ephedra, an over-the-counter stimulant which speeds the heart rate and constricts blood vessels.

In an interview with WCCO-TV in Minneapolis, Chamberlain said he misread the label on a product he was using and believed it was ephedra-free.

"It's definitely an honest mistake, but it's something I'm going to have to deal with," Chamberlain said. "I definitely apologize to my teammates, to my family and to the fans."

Chamberlain made the Pro Bowl in 2001, but struggled with knee and weight problems in 2002, his eighth year in the league. He caught 34 passes for 389 yards for the Vikings that year.

He will be eligible to return for Minnesota's game at Atlanta on Oct. 5.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
Chamberlain tested positive for ephedra, an over-the-counter stimulant which speeds the heart rate and constricts blood vessels.

You have to be crazy to use this crap anyway, especially after a few athletes have died after using it.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Watch out for rookie Running Back Onterrio Smith. He played high school ball kind of close (well relatively speaking) to where I live.

And he had a nice preseason. Could make a run at Rookie of the Year.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Good news for them.

Daunte Culpepper's been upgraded to questionable against the Niners this Sunday.

new topics

top topics

join