It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Captain Crosby?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
In my local paper today there was an article talking about the possibility of Sidney Crosby being named the next Penguins Captain.

LeClair, Recchi & Crosby are the likely candidates to succeed Mario, and well it would be history of Sid is named. Gretzky was the youngest captain in history I believe at 21 maybe, Crosby has only just turned 19.

I think we will see an even more mature Crosby this year, with less reaction to the reffs. It was reported that Recchi has called him out on this already.

Agree.. Disagree? Captain Crosby, should it happen?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I would love to give you my insight into this topic but i know just about as much about hockey as i do about particle physics in zero gravity, which to say the least is nothing. So my question is what exactaly does a captain do? does he sit people and make game time decisions or is it more of a way to say to a guy "we really need you on the team but we can't pay you any more money so we'll give you a cool C on your uniform".

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Nope.

The Captain is the leader on and off the ice. He has nothing to do with the business of the team, he is the guy who has to lead by example. Coaches decide who play, General Managers do the contracts, Captains are the guy on the ice who lead the way.

Often Veterans are the Captains of the team, the guy who has been in the league for awhile. Crosby will only be in his second year, but is a leader already.

join