It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debris May Have Hit Space Station

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
International Space Station Crew Hears Grinding Sound As if Object Scrapes Its Outer Surface.

The Associated Press

"The check made by the crew found no changes either in the equipment section or the atmosphere of the station, which would have changed instantly if the station's skin were punctured."

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I doubt they'll be thankful for that on this day.

Sorry, someone had to say it (or maybe they didn't, but I said it anyway)lol.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hi Advisor,

I think you posted your thread while I was writing mine! LOL!

It sounds as if the micro-meteorite impact shields worked as they should and dissipated the energy of the impact. But I bet these guys had a kodak moment for an instant!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Hi Advisor,

I think you posted your thread while I was writing mine! LOL!

Mornin Valhall;

I think not, as I posted this thread shortly after haveing learned of the event myself. Almost an hour ago, not that it matters.

I bet they were a bit worried, seems all is fine though. I'm sure we will be notified if anythig truly serious occured.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Well the fact that they don't know what it was, or what damage was done (appears to be none, which is unusual), is something to slightly worry about don't you think? Especially up there.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
They will have to go over the activity log, the sound may as well have been mechanical growning or anything even something as odd as external sound passing through he craft. Who knows...only thing for sure is that those people are supposedly still, A OK.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I thought it was vacant because of the Space Shuttle being out of commission. The earliest shuttle launch on schedule is Sept. 2004. How are they getting supplies?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Found this article dated yesterday. Was it foreshadowing? It talks about the probability of space debris hitting spacecraft in orbit.

"Orbital debris, large or small, poses a risk not only to human activities in space but also to people on Earth should the detritus eventually fall from the sky. And collisions with floating rubbish can be disastrous to spacecraft and satellites."

news.xinhuanet.com...

[Edited on 11-27-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Russia Says Odd Noise on Space Station Not a Crash

"MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian space officials dismissed Thursday suggestions that the International Space Station had been struck by a foreign object, saying an unusual noise heard by the crew had probably come from equipment on board."

Lets see how many other stories circulate on this shall we.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hey, I'm not making any assumptions or adding one and one and coming up with three. It's just that if I was in such a scary place I'd want to make sure exactly what that noise was, otherwise I'd be #ting myself.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The description by the crew of the sound being similar to an aluminum can being compressed and let go kind of makes me think that it was either an impact on the debris shield or possibly movement between adjoining modules.

There is as much a probability that it is the latter as anything. Let's face it...they're in a tin can...it's going to creak every once in awhile.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
*holds hands up*

Okay okay okay, it was me, sorryyyyy, I'm just SO crap at parallel parking these days!

top topics

join