It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Stanley Cup Finals - Devils vs. Mighty Ducks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
actually giguere outplayed brodeur in the playoffs...

J GIGUERE GAA=1.62 Save%=0.945
MARTIN BRODEUR GAA=1.65 Save%=0.934

Brodeur played in 3 more games than Giguere and had 1 more win and 2 more losses than Giguere...and in my opinion Anaheim played better opponents throughout the playoffs

I believe that the stats show why Giguere won the award over Brodeur

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Like I said Giguere is a fantastic goalie.He did play against great teams,or at least 2 of them.I think the Wild were just as lucky as the Ducks to get as far as they did.If the Ducks had won the cup he should have gotten the MVP.But in the last and most important series he failed.(as did the whole team,can't just blame the goalie.)In the end all of his stats for this year are meaningless,he does not have the cup.I'd be willing to bet Giguere would say the samething.
Broduer went the distance,has the cup and the glory.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
In the end all of his stats for this year are meaningless,he does not have the cup.I'd be willing to bet Giguere would say the samething.
Broduer went the distance,has the cup and the glory.

the stats are obviously not meaningless as he won the MVP trophy because of how well he played. I am sure he would rather have had the cup though.

Ben

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think that anybody would have rather a stanley cup, over a MVP trophey. I am sure he would have liked both of them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join