It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Was this a cycle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Today in my Little League baseball game i was 4-5 with a HR, 3B, 2B, K, and 1 that I'm not sure of. I hit the ball on my 5th at-bat into shallow center but advanced to second on the throw home. Does this qualify as a single giving me the cycle? Or did I go 4-5 with a HR, 3B, and 2 2B's?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Single and a fielders choice I think

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
That's what I was thinking since he had the choice of holding the runner on second and me on first. Also... my HR was 340 feet... I also hit two that were 330 and 340... Is that good for a 15 year old? I'll be 16 in Nov.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by GiantsFan]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yes that is f*****ng good.

Ben

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
yes that is very good man.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I got another question about my game today. We only play 6 innings, and it was tied 9-9 in the bottom of the 6th with no outs and one of their guys on second. The kid hit the ball to me in Center field. I made a perfect throw to the catcher and the catcher tagged the guy out, but he was called safe. The kid who hit the ball continued to round the bases and crossed the plate. Turns out the first kid missed the plate and was then called out after we appealed. Does this make the second batter who crossed the plate automatically out? Or does he go to Third base? They allowed him to go to third without letting us tag him or anything. We ended up losing 10-9. So should there have been 2 outs with noone on base? Or was the play called correctly?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
He is out too, for passing the runner, because he reached home before the guy ahead of him

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
That's what I thought... I knew I shoulda said something to the umpire. That cost us the game, and since they beat us that made as Co-Champions in our league.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Co-cahmpions. Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Why not have a playoff.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This was the tournament. We played them first game in the torunament. Me and this kid RJ had a pitchers duel, and we won 2-1. Then we played the winner of this other game. After that we beat that winning team last night when I hit for the cycle. So then we played The winner of the losers game which was the first team we played. So by this time everyone had lost a game except for us. So technically we were the champions. But since we lost today, we were 1-1 like the other team, so they ruled us as Co- Champions. it's kinda confusing, but I still think we won the championship.

new topics

top topics

join