It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Maddux to the cubs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
rumor has it that Maddux is thinking of signing with the cubs. add him to that young pitching staff and they will be virtually unbeatable. not because of maddux's performance but think of what he could teach those young guys. somehow it's kind of fitting that he would go to the cubs since he started there. he did say that he wants to stay in the national league if he doesn't go to chicago. i guess some pitchers just love to hit.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
with prior who is just unhittable the cubs could goto the world series on jus htere bullpen

TRD

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The cubs would have a great pitching staff if they aquire Maddux,i read that it is just a rumour that he might go,has an offer been made or any talks taken place yet over a possible move?

Ben

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
the mets have extra money and it has been heard they have enough money to make an offer to maddux

TRD

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So it looks like it could more than a rumour then? hmmm

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
just a rumor as far as where he's gonna go. but the braves didn't resign him so he's gonna go somewhere. i do know for a fact that he wants to stay in the national league so he get's his at bats. some team is gonna be happy to have his expertise on the bench though.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I would expect Madducx to goto the Cubs.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
im wishing he will goto the cubbies. I would like to see them win a champ

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well someone went to the cubs!!..Former Boston Red Sox manager Grady Little was hired by the them on Friday as a scouting consultant and assistant to general manager Jim Hendry. Little will help evaluate trades and the Cubs' minor league system, and assist with coaching duties during spring training. Little managed the Red Sox the last two seasons, and he was fired in October

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Man if you added Greg Maddux to a staff that already includes Kerry Wood, Mark prior, Carlos Zambrano, and Matt Clement, they would be really tough to beat. They also have Kent Mercker, LaTroy Hawkins, Mike Remlinger, and Kyle Farnsworth in the bullpen.

TRD

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
PA if he does go there bullpen will be awesome and they can expect to have a great season may even get to the finals.

Ben

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
being a yankees fan i would like to see maddux goto the yankees and help there pitching staff.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
being a yankees fan i would like to see maddux goto the yankees and help there pitching staff.

I guess the Yankees are a bit thin now at the starting pitcher position with Petitte and Clemens flying south this winter.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
and maddux is without a doubt the best pitcher out there right now

Ben

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The Yankees could use him i dont even know who they have as SP now

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that David Wells signed with the Padres.

Originally posted by Ben
The Yankees could use him i dont even know who they have as SP now

Well they acquired Javier Vazquez from the Expos, he's a really good young pitcher. They also acquired Kevin Brown from the Dodgers who is really good but getting old and has had alot of problems staying healthy. They still have Mike Mussina and the youngster Jose Contreras who was inconsistent in his first year but had some strong starts at the end of the season.

I was wondering where Jeff Weaver went.

top topics

join