It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Ken Griffey, Jr.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Will Ken Griffey Jr. ever be the same player? I feel bad for him, he had a great spring and then dislocates his shoulder four games into the new season. He has missed so much time the past three seasons with injuries and now this. He could return in 6-10 weeks if his rehab goes well, but if not he will require surgery and be lost for the entire season. I'd like to see Griff be able to get back out there soon, he is a very exciting player when healthy.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
He used to be a great player. But I agree with you he has been plagued by injuries the past couple of years. Who knows, if he can stay healthy maybe he'll go back to being the great player he once was.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I wouldn't necessarily say he is injury prone, his injury Saturday was a nice diving attempt to catch a ball in center field, I just think he has been extremely unlucky. I hope he can become the player he once was again, maybe he's cursed playing in Cincy, he rarely missed a game playing in Seattle.

Ben

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Ken had a great pre-season if you remember he homered many times, and played solid-defense. Ken worked hard in the off-season to prove all of his doubters wrong in the up-coming season i just think that he gets unlucky very quickly.

espn.go.com...

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Good to see Griff back! He was cleared to play tonight but the manager decided not to start him but he did pinch-hit and grounded out. It was just good to see him battle back from another injury, Cincy has a helluva outfield with Griffey, Adam Dunn, and Austin Kearns.

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
2 HR's tonight from Ken Griffey. looks like he's back in top form.If he can stay healthy and find his swing like he did tonight, he could get his 500 this season.

TRD

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 05:34 AM
link   
PA he's was looking a bit rusty but seems like he has got it together now as you say..!

How many does he need for the 500???

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

How many does he need for the 500???

He came into the seaon needing 31. With his two homers last night he has 4 so he is 27 away from 500.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Goooo Jr!!!!

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
MIAMI (AP) -- Ken Griffey Jr. has the Florida Marlins' number.

Griffey hit a game-tying solo homer in the ninth inning and a go-ahead shot in the top of the 11th to lead the Cincinnati Reds to a 4-3 victory over the Florida Marlins on Friday night.

Griffey hit two home runs last Saturday against the Marlins in a 5-4 loss in Cincinnati. Griffey's second multihomer game of the season gave him six overall this year. This time the outcome was different.

sports.espn.go.com...

That gives him six on the year, only 25 from the big 500 !! :tum:

new topics

top topics

join