It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: All-Star Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What do you think of the proposed rule that the league who wins the All-Star game will get home field advantage in the World Series?

I like the idea, it will make the all-star game more competitive. That was a joke last year when it ended in a tie. Maybe you'll see plays again like Pete Rose bowling over catcher Ray Fosse in the 70's, I still cant believe he did that in an all-star game, but that was Pete. I think it will be good for baseball.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think its a good idea.

Ben

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
it would be a good idea for baseball to make it more competitive, when you watch the All-star game now the people are having a good time and joking around.
But shouldnt the team with the better record get home-field advantage, isnt that what you work so hard for during the season?
Maybe they should make the all-star game a tie-breaking in case the two teams in the World Series have the same record.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think thats even a better suggestion Ben. I dont know why the home field advantage has always rotated every year, it makes much more sense to me to award it to the team with the best record. As it is now, a wild card team could get to the World Series against a division winner that won 15 games more and still have home field if it was that leagues "turn" to be home. I agree that the better record should be home and come up with a better way to make the All-Star game more competitive. Any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
to make the all star game more competetive they need to select the players by stats. it makes me sick every time joe torre takes 3/4's of the yankees to the all star game.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
i think it is an awesome idea especially since im going to see it up here live in chicago

TRD

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I might seem dumb but can someone tell me what the all star game is? I've watched a few games on the t.v so i understand the game.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The All-Star game is played between the best players from each league, American and National. The starters are voted by the fans in ballots they hand out at the games. They aren't always the players necessarily having the best year as it is sort of a "popularuty contest", but the reserves and the pitchers are chosen by the managers.

The two managers from the previous World Series are the managers for the next All-Star game. Does Dusty Baker get to manage this year even though he switched teams? I'm not sure, I'll look into it. The AL manager will be Mike Sciosia.

TRD

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thanks proud american i understand now,so its picked by the fans do they always pick the high profile players even if they havn't done very well or players from there own teams?

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
"So what should decide home-field advantage in the World Series?

You could make a case for the team with the most wins, but the leagues play different schedules. So I like the system MLB just switched from -- alternating home-field advantage between each league from year to year. That's the way it's been ever since the Series started in 1903. " - Joe Morgan

espn.go.com...

top topics

join