It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ozone layer hole has disappeared...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
GENEVA (AP) - The seasonal "ozone hole" over the South Pole has disappeared again after reaching record size earlier this year, UN officials said Thursday.

cnews.canoe.ca...

Must be the chemtrail-HAARP technology really is working.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
WOW thats pretty wierd. Haha i guess ur right about those chemtrails.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
i keep hearing thgeys "chemtrails" what are they?

and this is the 2nd time iv heard of it reclosing and opening ahh man thats wierd

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Those bloody thieving Poms again!!!

They took the Rugby World Cup and now they swiped the ozone hole as well!!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
www.coastalpost.com...
www.rense.com...

those tell a little bit about chemtrails. Hope it helps.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sftprez
www.coastalpost.com...
www.rense.com...

those tell a little bit about chemtrails. Hope it helps.

thanks

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If they had a way to fix the ozone layer, why wouldn't they tell us? Seems like a big political victory to whoever funds it. Forget about the nobel prize.... they'd have to make a new award!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Where are all the environmentalists now? Hiding?

Actually I'm guessing that the hole disappeared due to overall thinning or has it moved?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It appears there and disappears every year due to the change in temperatures.

from the article:

The hole is a thinner-than-usual area in the protective layer of gas high up in the Earth's atmosphere. It has been forming in the extremely low temperatures that mark the end of Antarctic winter every year since the mid-1980s, largely due to chemical pollution. This year, the hole peaked at 28 million square kilometres in mid-September - matching the record size set three years ago.

Scientists have said the phenomenon results from destruction of the gas in the atmosphere by chemical compounds, such as chlorofluorocarbons released in some aerosols and refrigerants. The hole refills with surrounding ozone-rich air as temperatures rise.

In addition to its record size, researchers said this year's ozone depletion also persisted longer.

The article is saying it's getting worse, not better.

The major hole in the North is still there, though it is said to be starting to shrink, or perhaps just accelerating more slowly...

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
As the Northen Hemisphere is the CAUSE of the ozone hole (apart from our farting cows here) then I totally support it being moved to the North Pole.

This is indeed a joy to read about, may it stay there for the forseable future

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
As the Northen Hemisphere is the CAUSE of the ozone hole (apart from our farting cows here) then I totally support it being moved to the North Pole.

This is indeed a joy to read about, may it stay there for the forseable future

lol

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
LOL, you have a point NC.

But...

There is hole over the North that is there all the time, and the hole in the South appears and disappears every year. The article is just reporting on a normal event, and saying that the hole this year in the South is the biggest they've seen. It hasn't disappeared for good and it hasn't travelled anywhere. It�s getting worse.

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by kegs]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Um actually if you read the article it says "again" as in the hole is a seasonal occurance and this year it was the largest it has ever been.
The way it reads... the hole is not gone forever.. just the season.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Um actually if you read the article it says "again" as in the hole is a seasonal occurance and this year it was the largest it has ever been.
The way it reads... the hole is not gone forever.. just the season.

Thanks, I never read the article.

So do you think when it comes back it will be bigger?

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I don't think there is a hole. That entire theory is pseudo-science.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

Interesting...got any proof.

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by surfup]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I agree...

The only "proof" lies in the fact that there is no basis for comparison. The tech that found the "hole" didn't really exist prior to finding the hole...so as far as we know, the holes could be naturally recurring phenomenon that has been going on for eons... Not to mention, that the so-called cause of these, is certainly pseudo-science that is theory at best....hypothesis in reality...

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Where are all the environmentalists now? Hiding?
Actually I'm guessing that the hole disappeared due to overall thinning or has it moved?

The environmentalists can't argue against against this, but what are you saying with this? That we already had to try to repair the ozonlayer does say enough about the environment... is it really such a good thing that we know how to solve those problems...? Or do the environmentalist know that it just says again that the environment is very bad because of menkind.

Perhaps they are not hiding, perhaps they are not quiet because they so-called "lost" this one...

Perhaps they just know that the other persons think very differently, just think about repairing the environment when it is already destroyed, not preserving it.

Perhaps that is the real reason why they are quiet now.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Yes Gazrok, or perhaps it is really due to menkind. I think there is enough prove for the hole as becoming larger every time again. Perhaps it isn't a fenomena which happened already for eons.

Perhaps menkind really frocks things up really good you know

www.knmi.nl...
Het jaar 2002 was wereldwijd het op ��n na warmste jaar sinds het begin van de metingen in 1860.
Just translate this with freetranslations

The whole top ten of hottest years in the Netherlands does consist out of the years 1989 till 2003 (14 years) out of 100 years !!!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The whole top ten of hottest years in the Netherlands does consist out of the years 1989 till 2003 (14 years) out of 100 years !!!

That's more like it...but we are still talking of an Earth billions of years old, and part of a larger cosmic cycle. There is no doubt that man's actions have been negatively affecting the environment...but there is still a lot more that needs to be done, to make the ozone holes as a result of our AC and spray cans, believable... We already know that our planet has cycles of hot and cold...but we're only guessing as to what those cycles are... For example, most of the Earth was warmer when the dinos were about...then the Ice Age, and another warm-up, etc. It probably has to do more with our relationship to the sun, than any action of man....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join