It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 U.S. Soldiers Die In Afghan Crash!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
KABUL, Afghanistan - Five U.S. soldiers were killed and seven injured when their helicopter crashed Sunday near the American military headquarters north of the Afghan capital, U.S. Central Command said "The soldiers were involved in an ongoing U.S. military operation, dubbed Mountain Resolve, taking place in the east of the country"
the military said "A U.S. military helicopter crashed today near Bagram, Afghanistan (news - web sites)," said a statement sent by e-mail from Central Command, in Tampa, Fla. "Early reports indicate seven service members were injured and at least five service members were killed."

It was not clear what caused the crash, and the military said it was investigating.

Bagram Air Base, just north of the capital, is home to most of the 11,600 coalition forces in Afghanistan. An additional 5,000 international peacekeepers patrol Kabul.
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031123/ap_on_re_as/afghan_helicopter_crash

Nothing yet as to whether or not it was rebels - guess we'll just have to wait to find out

[Edited on 23/11/03 by funlovincriminal]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does it seem that every chopper that's gone down has just "crashed"? I don't think they want to admit it when they're shot down.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Is it just me, or does it seem that every chopper that's gone down has just "crashed"? I don't think they want to admit it when they're shot down.

hehe, if your a gamer then you proubly played desertcombat mod for battlefield 1942 >>>desertcombat.com...

this is very fun game, but it also shows that no matter how good the chopter is, its still the easyest playing thing to shoot out of the sky...

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

Yeah, it's too obvious to ignore! You'd think these 21st century, Hellfire-belchin' whirlybirds were made from masking tape and wispy dreams, the way they just sort of randomly "fall out of the sky" (allegedly).

...not only shot down in the line of duty, but made out to be incompetent warriors -- post mortem -- by their own government. Just gets sadder and sadder...

top topics

join