It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Deer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   

[...]
The Ghost Deer, according to legend, is a buck that looks something like the elk in the Hartford insurance commercials. In a state where most bucks look like a Great Dane with horns, the Ghost Deer has antlers with 12 points on one side, 10 points on the other. Most believe it weighs 240 to 250 pounds, unless, that is, you believe that it really is a ghost.

That is because hunters have reputedly shot right through it.

[...]

Click here for the rest of the story....

So...is this true? or a tail drunken hunters came up with? I personaly think that it is real...but who knows exsept for thr people that have seen it...So what do you think...is it? or isn't it?

ID

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Ok, I believe there is a deer fitting the description given does exist. However weather it is a ghost or not is a completely different thing. I am on the fence with this one as I can present good arguments for both sides.

The deer is of an unusual size for that area, this coupled with the fact that it was said to be shot through can make a fairly convincing case for the ghost Deer theory. Also many people believe in human ghosts or at the very least residual spiritual energy, why would the same not hold true for animals?

On the other hand, people often see things that are not there. I am by no means suggesting that all the witnesses hallucinated the animal, simple that those who claim to have shot through it could simply have seen things in the heat of the moment. This is also one theory with El Chupacabra, where one farmer claims that he shot one of these things and the bullets bounced off. I believe it is much more likely that the farmer simply missed and imagined the ricochet.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
There may very possibly be a large deer out there. But is it a ghost? I don't know. I've heard stories og ghost dogs and pets. so why not deer?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Can a ghost deer get hit by a ghost car?

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Very interesting story. I hadn't heard anything about that.
I don't doubt that it exists, just because it is supposedly larger then the average deer in the area doesn't make the stories of it less credible. As for it being a ghost, who knows. Like others said, if there can be human ghosts, why not animal ghosts.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Can a ghost deer get hit by a ghost car?

Only if it gets blinded by the ghost headlights.

new topics

top topics

join