It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine gun, fires "laser of lead" 1 mill. RPM

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think this gun is pretty stupid and is only good for demolishing buildings
Btw this gun can shoot 1mil bullets through the air in 1 min but it can't hold that much! It bearly holds 4,800 bullets and can deplete it self in under 0.2 secs. Pretty stupid too.. If it would hold about 1,000,000 9mm bullets in it, the machine gun itself would have to be at a length of 1652.3 feet which would be bigger than any building on earth.... Good I luv math!

[Edited on 1/22/2003 by Beast4rmDaEast]

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Anyways someone listed something about a supergun that can reach a range of 500 mil!!
any one know the length....???

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beast4rmDaEast
Btw this gun can shoot 1mil bullets through the air in 1 min but it can't hold that much! It bearly holds 4,800 bullets and can deplete it self in under 0.2 secs. Pretty stupid too.. If it would hold about 1,000,000 9mm bullets in it, the machine gun itself would have to be at a length of 1652.3 feet which would be bigger than any building on earth.... Good I luv math!

Well, well another person who comments without reading the links. Too bad, this time I can't be bothered with people who don't read.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beast4rmDaEast

Well, well another person who comments without reading the links. Too bad, this time I can't be bothered with people who don't read.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I read the links and even watched the movie... I know you can change the speed on the gun but its still stupid, well thats what I think..
, there is nothing clever about this gun except nothing moves and it doesn't heat up which you then don't have to wait for a cool-down. The other gun which requires the ring is pretty tight, shoots 3 bullets at same time and better accuracy with each hit..

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Obviously you don't know much about the military, because you still misunderstand the technology. Too Bad, each to his own.

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzChris
I think they may have gotten over that problem Iknow...

1. Both the American and Australian governments have a vested interest in this product...especially the hand held versions.

2. This company's stock has soared, since this article came out late last year...which was good for me...cause I have some of the company stocks!

So all in all we may see these weapons fighting al queda in the near future!

Chris

Whats their symbol?

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
And don't blast me for my ignorance but on the side of the gun it says 10,100 RPM. Why does it state that when reports say 1,000,000 RPM.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The rate of fire is 1 mil', that is the potential rate. Just like rates of fire in normal weapons. I.e. AR-15 rate (cyclic) 650-750 depending on barrel, gas tube pigtailing, model etc. Is not advisable to do so or even possible, it would destroy it. But, it is it's RATE of fire. The ammo re-supply problem isn't as time consuming as people describe, I read about it in article in a publication I recieve,each barrel/array is its own magazine, you just deploy another barrel/mag' when the previous is depleted, they come ready to fire. I bet the reloading process is automated and costly though,probably at least half of cost, and, the rounds are not in a mile long barrel (du.b a.s) they are like a jumbo-tron screen (kinda'). Awesome CIWS potential.
[Edited on 17-5-2004 by bign]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join