It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early usage of Microwaves- Home Heating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I just saw this on a technology show.. there were microwave units designed to be used to heat homes. A generator would be in each room and when you walked in, Bam, the thing projected microwave radiation to heat people in rooms. As it was described, a person in the room would feel cozy warm, but objects in the room would remain the same temp...what a wacked idea. Has anyone else hear to this using mircowave radiation for HVAC?

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So basically we turn each room in the house into a giant microwave. This does not sound like a good idea to me. Slow cooked human anyone?

What if you have it set to to high a temp? Could you cook yourself?

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I was wondering about that myself.. if it could Kill(cook) everybody in the house if it malfunctioned...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
well microwaves are on the light spectrum, but this article here says that they're radio waves, but light is a wave, so this makes sense.

A microwave oven uses microwaves to heat food. Microwaves are radio waves. In the case of microwave ovens, the commonly used radio wave frequency is roughly 2,500 megahertz (2.5 gigahertz). Radio waves in this frequency range have an interesting property: they are absorbed by water, fats and sugars. When they are absorbed they are converted directly into atomic motion - heat. Microwaves in this frequency range have another interesting property: they are not absorbed by most plastics, glass or ceramics. Metal reflects microwaves, which is why metal pans do not work well in a microwave oven.

Interesting......really
(and Its a short read)

top topics

join