It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU to create new defence body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The European Union has agreed to set up a new defence agency next year to improve military co-operation and boost European military capabilities.

But plans by a group of countries led by France and Germany for much closer defence links are still the focus of disagreement.

The EU is trying to avoid unnecessary duplication in defence spending.

And the new Armaments and Research Agency, approved by EU defence ministers, is part of the grand plan.

They want it to co-ordinate purchasing and boost European defence by filling important gaps, such as the ability to deploy troops quickly and for long periods.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
After reading that only one thought came to mind. This new Europe defence squad annoys the US (so to speak) and a power struggle...WW3 anyone ? Maybe thats just the sarcastic optimist in me

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well, heres one American who aint annoyed.

Its about goddamn time Europe got off its ass and got its own damn military! I have grown weary of having a US presence there, The cold war is over, if Europe this time around cant v=behave itself and keep its ass out of another war, then # em. Im simply sick of Americans being there. they are sick of us being there.

And we spend entirely too much money there. So, the way I see it, its a win win situation for everyone with a brain and who cares about whatever country they inhabit.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Skadi,

yeah and I like the idea of competing world powers all bent on world domination too.

they can take over if they want, but I want no darned communists running this world that's all.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Dont worry NEO, no commies are gonna take over. Communism has failed utterly, thus, the best thing that can happen is a communist takeover attempt.

Because it will fall apart quick.

top topics

join