It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lineages/bloodline ties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Anyone here traced their bloodline to it's 'true' origin? I thought I had, or my family had..I/we were somewhat wrong/very wrong actually. I found out today speaking to my mother that our line is quite different then I would have ever expected!

Anyway, my question is; How would one trace their bloodline as far back as possible and keep it as closely intact as possible? And what if you 'thought' your bloodline was *this* and found out it was something very different?

I'm just a little shocked today sorry.

How important is a persons bloodline? Any comments, and thoughts about this would be appreciated

[Edited on 11/17/03 by magestica]

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The mormons are experts when it comes to genealogy. My older brother, prepared a completed lineage for me and presented it as xmas gift last year. Very cool!

It turns out I'm the 17th or the 23rd (can't remember) great-great-etc grandson of William the Conqueror.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well I am part Native American on my fathers side. It is very hard to trace Native American roots. On my mother's side I have many things so I dought that I will ever get it. I do know that I am part German.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I come from a long line of french assholes.

This is the earliest picture i have of my familly lineage....

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries"

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
now dont quote me on this but i think that my great grandma was related to a guy that was William Wallaces right hand man back in the day. but im not 100% sure

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
My bloodline goes back to the 18th C Ireland for one of my grandparents, and the rest of me in Native and goes back to the late 1800's.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kukla
It turns out I'm the 17th or the 23rd (can't remember) great-great-etc grandson of William the Conqueror.

Very awsome. Our ancestors knew each other. As it is, I have been learning about my family history since I first became interested 15 years ago. Only just recently did I compile and find the information to learn my Lineage hails directly to the times you speak of.

As a decendant of Commander Wadard, who assembled King William's army at Saint Valery in Normandy for the invasion of England as well as, advised William's army at Saint Valery in Normandy for the invasion of England and, of the Saxon King Harold's approach from the north at Hastings.
The norman surname I inheirited has been carefully researched by professional analysts using such ancient manuscripts as the Domesday Book (compiled in 1086 by William the Conqueror), the Ragmen Rolls, the Wace poem, the Honour Roll of the Battle Abby, the Curia Regis, Pipe Rolls, the Falaise roll, tax records, baptismals, family genealogies, and local parish and church records show the first record of the name was found in Essex where Commander Wadard was granted lands (Domesday Book, 1086) by King William for his assistance at the Battle of Hastings.

But wait! The lineage of my blood is more ancient still. Going back to about the year 870 A.D, when the "Vikings" landed in the Orkneys and Northern Scotland under their Chief, Stirgud the Stout. Is the first known time of my family history.

I plan on traveling to the lands my ancestors hailed from, hopeing that I will learn even more.

Magestica, as you and others now know, I obviously have revieled alot about myself. And hope those who can, share as much as they will.

Oh, for the record. I have also gathered much on the other aspects of my families lineage, includeing Ojibiwa however, specifics are more difficult to trace as I have found.

As for my family being in the United States, that didn't happen until 1881 when my really great grand father, established his metal smithy in Michigan. Today where the smithy used to be, is a Masonic Temple...
(yes I know, and the awnser is no.)

Pictures of the establishment will be availible as soon as I fix this pos lexmark international (X75) printer scanner copier(anyone know how to get quicklink to work?). I cannot wait until my HP PSC 500 returns.

Ok, I know I have said too much already so I'll just
* Pulls out duct tape and
self, makeing sure to leave space for beer straw.*

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
My bloodline is a long history of Mostly Brits with some scottish irish and welsh. A famous relation of mine is Atilla the Hun and as far as i've been told, Mary Queen of Scots

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Someone certainly kept your bloodline tightly woven! How did you find out all of what you've shared? It has been difficult for my family(on my mothers side) to find our true bloodline because many of the names were changed over the course of years. Many lines changed or altered just one letter at the end of a name to *hide* the fact that they were [enter clan here] So it has been really difficult to trace ours. But apparantly my mother was able to trace ours here recently..and it revealed some interesting and shocking relations/roots of ours. I'm not going to share all of it, because I, myself am not 100% sure if she is correct, thus is why I would like to try tracing it myself to see what comes up.

My G-granfathers line was easy to trace(on my grandmothers side) My mom found the coat of arms/Tartan for [last name here] He was full blooded Scottish.

His wife was full blooded Indian and a decendent of The Martin Clan, which is Crow(which we knew)

My G-granfathers mothers line is where my concerns lie.

And lastly..my fathers line is 100% in tact and links directly to Ancient Rome.

OK that's enough so you don't feel you are the only one who shared so much
I really would appreciate anyone that can help me better trace the bloodline on my grandfathers side.
Magestica

[Edited on 11/24/03 by magestica]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kukla
The mormons are experts when it comes to genealogy. My older brother, prepared a completed lineage for me and presented it as xmas gift last year. Very cool!

The mormons also only trace family lines back to "The Flood" and Noah. I live in Utah and I am surrounded by Mormons. I don't like them.

As for me I'm german on my mothers side and a whole lot of other stuff.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
Advisor-
Someone certainly kept your bloodline tightly woven! How did you find out all of what you've shared?

It wasn't very difficult actually, despite some missing information. My family arrived when the area was booming, and is apart of the settleing familes. So documentation was easier found than I thought.
And through traceing the surname, I found it is a rare name even by todays standards where they emmigrated from.

Chances are if your family has been in an area for some time, they can be traced through marriage news articles to obituaries. Local libraries have many resources, and some offer genealogy based assistance.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
There is some great geneology software out there... Back when I sold computers for Gateway, I'd say about 80% of the elderly customers wanted a computer, just for that purpose.

I've traced mine back pretty good.. I'll have to post the little snippet with my coat of arms. One of my ancestors was a Sheriff of Nottingham (but not during Robin's alleged time)...but nothing else really

new topics

top topics

join