It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frog and mouse working together?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

What does the frog benefit having a mouse on its back? I know that other animals have worked together that benefits both of them. But I never seen a frog work together with the mouse. Sounds like a story of the wolf and the scorpion when crossing the river or something.

apc

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Awwwwwwww! I have no clue what sort of relationship they could share. I mean... what rodent would want to be seen with an amphibian? Or for that matter, what amphibian would want to be seen with a rodent? The press caught them though. Expect to see them while waiting in the grocery checkout lane.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
They could be friends, I've read stories of various animals having frinedships with other species, even cats and dogs can get along.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I gotta ask, but what if the frog jumps...
The mouse would go flying, no?

Photoshopped? got a link?

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Maybe the mouse works like a radar system for the frog, alerting it to approaching danger.

Perhaps the mouse attracts flies which the frog eats, obviously this would benefit both of them.

Or maybe the mouse was stupid and thought the frog was a rock, and the frog just couldn't care less.

Or maybe it's a photochop.

Cute picture in any case.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
They could be friends, I've read stories of various animals having frinedships with other species, even cats and dogs can get along.

I seriously doubt that. Maybe a mouse would be able to cultivate such a relationship but a frog certainly could not. They are just too simple animals with very small brains.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It's not a frog, it's a toad. Toads are very nonchalant about anything that might be an enemy because once the predator gets a taste of the toad, it's horrendous so they back off. Thus, the toad knows it's not in any danger and they're very approachable, we have them all over our deck in summertime.

The mouse does't like getting wet and saw the toad as a good way to make it across the river and the toad could care less.

Nice find and great picture!

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Some frogs and toads EAT mice. Perhaps it is just carrying a snack. Mmmmmm tasty mousewitch Yummm.

join