It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

surviving a bollide impact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I know most survivalist think of famine, pestilence war etc. from a survival point but what about a bollide impact. Has anyone thought of that. Obviously you would not survive in the impact zone but if you were elsewhere how would you plan for such an event.

In any scenario do you need to keep quite regarding your plans to make sure no one including the authorities relieve you of your stockpile of food, water etc. You may need to store enough supplies possibly for a few years, everything from food to a spade. Who do you include in the plan, family, friends etc. obviously the more people you have will require larger stocks.

Would some kind of bunker/shelter be required if so how big would it have to be. Would you include items such as books of knowledge in your inventory, one would assume power supplies would go so you could not rely on computers etc.

How does on protect one self from the attentions of others, if the situation was really bad with no law or order in place it may well come down to the survival of not the fittest but the best equipped.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
What in the bloody hell is a bollide?

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
What in the bloody hell is a bollide?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Did a search and I think it's like a meteor. I don't know why he didn't just say meteor. Be all fancy I guess.

[edit on 21/4/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Seems to be a meteor that explodes in the atmosphere, big pretty scary (harmless!) firework!

A meter-size object with an energy of a kiloton strikes the Earth's atmosphere every day or two. While it is possible that this fireball
produced a meteorite, more likely it did not. In any case the hazard of
such impacts is extremely small. We need to keep a perspective on such
events and resist the temptation to exaggerate them for the media.

link

Wiki spells it Bolide - says no official definition, term more often used with geologists. Implys not knowing tha nature of the impacting body.
wiki link

[edit on 21/4/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Bolide impacts, also known as Meteorites have been attributed as the cause of other mass extinctions and most famously the K-T event. The K-T event occurred at approximately 65 Ma and is believed to be the trigger of the dinosaur extinction. It therefore seems possible that this theory may be applicable to the end-Triassic mass extinction at 210 Ma.

taken Bolide Impactsfrom

To answer the question. Planning for a big one is only increasing your life expency for a short time there is no long term survival for a big strike.

top topics

join