It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you addicted to ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Seriously. How many hours a day on an average do you guys spend on ATS.

I think I spend about 3-4 hours a day reading threads. If we actually started getting paid hourly to spend time on ATS, I can safely say we all would be fairly rich.

But I love spending time here. There is a wealth of information on this site on almost every topic imaginable. Ofcourse, this is a family oriented site and therefore when I say every topic, I mean within those limits (to some of you who imagine a little more).

Way to go ATS and keep this site running always

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Who are you?

I mean ... who WERE you before you took the name silencer?

Allegedly you have been here less than 48 hours and right off the bat you start a handful of threads .. including one asking about ATS addiction.

How can you be addicted in less than 48 hours?
What was your last name here?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
BTW .. your signature - 'you can not silence my truth with your lies' ....

'my truth' .... that doesn't mean THE truth ... it means YOUR truth which is totally different.

So what exactly is YOUR truth and who has tried to silence you, either through lies or facts that don't match up to YOUR truth?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Maybe he just browsed through the forums a lot before deciding to register this week? I know I used to browse through for 2-3 hours a full year before I registered.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Who are you?

Do you ask every member to explicitly identify themselves??

What makes you think I WAS someone. As the guy above me said, why couldn't I just have registered newly after browsing ATF for years.

Allegedly you have been here less than 48 hours and right off the bat you start a handful of threads .. including one asking about ATS addiction.

Is it against the rules? OMG im so sorry. I will make it a point to wait a couple of years before I have a right to post threads.

Now seriously, I have been browsing since forever. I can't even remember when I started. Its been years. And yes, I was registered on ATS with another name once. I was away for a while and now I am back with a new name. I do not belive I need to reveal my past names or any such personal information to anyone.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

BTW .. your signature - 'you can not silence my truth with your lies' ....

'my truth' .... that doesn't mean THE truth ... it means YOUR truth which is totally different.

So what exactly is YOUR truth and who has tried to silence you, either through lies or facts that don't match up to YOUR truth?

Chill out. Its just my signature. What is up with you?

And btw, Truth is the Truth, no matter what. It can be from my mouth or yours, but if its the truth then it is The Truth.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Don't worry about FF, she gets cranky sometimes and since she's a member of a conspiracy website I'm sure she gets cranky and a bit paranoid at the same time, sometimes. Otherwise she's all right. Opinionated at most times, but still ok in my books.

Take a chill pill everyone. We're all friends here in BTS.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I am sure she is, just like the rest of us. I am sorry if I sounded off the hat. We are all friends here, thats why this is such a great place and we keep coming back to it.
After all we are all conspiracy addicts!

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think it's safe to say that I am fairly addicted to ATS.

I'm usually on ATS for atleast 6 -8 hours a day. I like to post as much as I like to read. I think I have about an 18 post per day average now. I've actually have had as much as 93 posts in a day.

I just go straight from work to ATS. My friends around me normally take me away from ATS though.

I think I browsed for about a good 6 months before I joined.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I've had days where I was logged on for 5 or 6 hours I'm sure. My employment had me with open internet access and ample of opportunity to surf the site for quite a while. If I was on a 10 hour shift, I was logged on for over 9 hours. So I was wrapped up in the site more than you can imagine.

Lately I still probably spend close to 2 hours a day on the site. Any time I am on the net, be it checking emails or doing some form of work, I have a tab running in my Mozilla with a list of current threads.

I find some Sundays are very slow on ATS. Frustrating sometimes because Sundays are a day when I enjoy laying around doing nothing. Lots of free time and little conversation, makes chissler go :bnghd:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Who are you?

OOOOOHHHHH Silencer you upset the feds lol

Respect FF ....Kuhl

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by silencer
Its just my signature.

I'm just asking .... your signature said - 'you can not silence my truth with your lies' Obviously that's saying something very important to you. So what is it?

What is 'my truth' and what were the lies that someone tried to silence you with?

You adverstised it .. I'm just asking what is it that you are saying.

Oh .. and to answer your - 'what's up with me'??? This is a conspiracy site. We are all paranoid. Beachcoma says I need to eat more peaches (or something like that) .... more fiber??? ha ha Kuhl says I'm a fed. I just pick up things that people say and run with them. You are talking about being addicted but you said that 48 hours or so after registering. It looked odd. That's what we do here .... dive in and discover things.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I started looking around the net for stuff on aliens (E.T's) and reading about Bob Lazar, and I stumbled across ATS by chance, I registered the first day I was on here and started a thread about Bob Lazar and peoples thoughts on him.
It was my first ever thread and I got 14 pages full of interesting stuff and some things from John Lear, It went from Bob Lazar to John lears moon theories, aload of random alien stuff and eventually died when a couple of people started talking about wether it's right to eat meat or not (I'm happy in a way, it stopped there).
I was alittle nieve when I first began talking on that topic but it was a good learning curve.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I even found my thread on top of page one of a google search of Bob Lazar (it's not there now).

But ever since then I have been addicted to ATS/BTS but I get alittle bored with all the alien stuff now, it's all getting a bit too technical for my attention span, I go on there still but I dont post too much, same goes with paranormal.
But I find BTS to be alot funner so I hang around here more than anywere and thats fine with me...

I would say I spend anything from 2- 4hours logged on at anytime whenever i'm on the net

[edit on 2-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
i have to go on here as soon as i wake up or come home from college so yes i need to join rehab for ats addiction

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Think about it this way, you could be addicted to something worse

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
On average about 3-4 hours a day, but weeknds I fall off due to sheer laziness.

I dont know if I have full fledged addiction yet, but I am pretty close.

On the other hand I am addicted to green tea, guitars, and other items/topics which will remain nameless.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If you have a passion for such things, this place can be very addictive. The search for more knowledge I think in my own point of veiw to be one of the more healthy addictions upon this earth.
I work online and makes it easy for me to be on here when I need to be
My name is Ty, and Im an ATS ohal'ik..

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I too am addicted to ATS/BTS.I average 3-5 hours a day on this site. Tue though that I could be addicted to worse things. Maybe it could be said this site keeps some of us out of trouble?

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
hahahaha yeah.. but it's just that a lot of threads have interesting links to other stuff then i click and see more things .i just love educating myself@!

top topics

join