It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi's to back the Sunni's in Iraq when US leaves.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This article is fascinating. The saudi's are going to fund the sunni majority in Iraq. I wonder how the Iranians are going to react. This pretty much puts Iraq's detiny into Saudi's hands, which are pro-US.

Sinister but smart Mr. Cheney.

AAC

SOURCE

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The sunni's are in the minority in Iraq actually. Shia's account for 60-65 % of the population in Iraq. Sunni's 32-37 %. Christian or other 3%. All according to wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...

If this happens then a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia could ensue. Add this to the crap happening in Lebanon and Palestine and the potential for a free for all war is definitely plausible... if the nukes start flying over there, it will effect us all...

[edit on 13-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Fascinatinating is not a word a would choose my Friend.
Saudi Arabia for me has got some cheek 'warning' people it will back Sunni insurgents in Iraq if US soldiers pull out of the country.
Who are they to warn anyone !
What ever happened to the free democracy all these innocents have died for ?
Saudi is a Sunni Muslim country fair enough & the majority of Iraqi insurgents fighting the US occupation are also Sunni. Are these not terrorists, or am I missing somthing ?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Insurgent.
Member of a political party who rebels against established leadership.

Terrorist.
A radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities

The two are not the same. Make up your mind. They are either Insurgents or they are Terrorists.

The Sunni's may be in the minority but it is still the country they were born and raised in. They were the former ruling power in the country. What would you do if say China toppled your government and put in place a perceived puppet government in place of the old guard? Would you throw roses at the Chinese Tanks as they roll down Wall Street? Or would you be throwing grenades and molotovs at them trying to drive them from your homeland?

new topics

top topics

join