It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The Universe Require Light and/or Dark Matter to Exist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Does the universe require light only, dark matter only, both, or neither? I believe it requires both as everything that has occurred, and that will occur, and been defined had to occur according to Divine Plan. If light did not exist, the universe would not be called the universe. If dark matter did not exist, the universe would not be called the universe. Studying both light and dark matter require equal attention in my view.

Which occurred first, light or dark matter? I believe they were out of the starting gate at the same time Infinite years ago.

Are there other dimensions besides light and dark matter? I would say maybe.

Moderators, please move this thread if it is not scientific enough. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Does the universe require light only, dark matter only, both, or neither? I believe it requires both as everything that has occurred, and that will occur, and been defined had to occur according to Divine Plan. If light did not exist, the universe would not be called the universe. If dark matter did not exist, the universe would not be called the universe. Studying both light and dark matter require equal attention in my view.

Which occurred first, light or dark matter? I believe they were out of the starting gate at the same time Infinite years ago.

Are there other dimensions besides light and dark matter? I would say maybe.

There is'nt really light matter, we only call dark matter dark,
because it does'nt produce any observable electro magnetic
radiation.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

radiation.

I know that light matter does not exist, just photons.

Are you saying that the universe consists of three things: 1) light, 2) nonlight and nondark matter that produces electromagnetic radiation, and 3) dark matter?

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

radiation.

I know that light matter does not exist, just photons.

Are you saying that the universe consists of three things: 1) light, 2) nonlight and nondark matter that produces electromagnetic radiation, and 3) dark matter?

What I'm saying is about 80% of th universe is comprised of
'dark matter', which really should be called invisible matter,
and the rest is made up of the normal matter that we're familiar
with, that is what makes up the stars, planets and everything
else we see.

Light, which is made of Photons, is normal matter, albeit it
can exist as either a particle or wave.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
If dark matter were truly dark, would not shining light on it reveal its properties? Is our lack of knowledge of dark matter due to there not being enough light in the universe? How much darker is dark matter than the lightest light? Is dark matter the glue, and light the mover of the universe?

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

If dark matter were truly dark, would not shining light on it reveal its properties? Is our lack of knowledge of dark matter due to there not being enough light in the universe? How much darker is dark matter than the lightest light? Is dark matter the glue, and light the mover of the universe?

No, dark matter does'nt produce any light, and light does'nt
reflect off of it, so we could'nt study it that way.

Are lack of knowledge about it, is because it's a very new
discovery, and we don't have the technology to study it.

Dark matter is generally just the stuff that accounts for the
rest of the unierse that's not visible, it's most likely not a
uniform kind of matter, it is most likely like normal matter,
that is it has many different varieties.

Dark energy is theorized to be the stuff that holds the galaxies
together, and provides the anti-gravitational force for the
universes expansion.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I previously thought that dark mater might be an electron plasma because the plasma had been described as a cloud that affected light. Upon further investigation I've found that a rotating electron cloud does affect light but it only scatters it just like a cloud would. You could still 'see' the thing.

Now I don't believe that there is a thing called 'dark matter.' I do believe that what we have instead is a thing called a 'flawed theory of gravity.'

I also believe that what we call matter is an expression of energy dissipation. What I mean to say is that I believe that there is a energy source, of some sort, that drives the Universe. This energy is dissipating its self as it takes the form of a 'stable' particle, such as an electron. I liken it to a hurricane. A hurricane is ordered and relatively stable. Perhaps larger particles or even atoms could be likened to hurricanes revolving around hurricanes. Also these particles, in trying to dissipate the energy their are receiving introduce new forms of energy such as; light you might not understand so I say, heat ie. infrared radiation.

I tend to think that these particles, or dare I say vortexes, of energy being of the same 'stuff' will interact with each other. Indeed, physicists do believe that 'dark matter' can interact with matter else they would not even try to detect it, indirectly or not. Otherwise dark matter would be non sequitur. No interaction means that they do not coexist. Then, since one does exist the other would not.

Oh well, it's not the first time mankind as chased phantoms around with a pencil.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
According to quantum mechanics, it requires 'us'.

new topics

top topics

join