It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Build your own Projector

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I put this in another thread, but I didn't think it was on a broad enough forum, so here it is.
www.denguru.com...
This is an instructional on how to build a projector built for under $300. My sisters boyfriend built one and it's very cool. The only thing that isn't mentioned in the article is a TV Box, which you can pick up at an electronics store or online for $20-$60 bucks.

One thing I can confirm is that playing video games on your wall is an awesome thing.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Cool stuff man.

But I got a better deal. this one homeless guy got hold of 2 projectors from somewhere (he claimed a electronics store dumpster). He sold em to me for 10 bucks. And one of them works perfectly fine!! Been using it since without any problems. The retail value of that projector online is $4000+.

And you are right, playing games pr watching movies on a huge wall is a different experience which I think everyone should experience. I wish projectors were not so overpriced

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I bookmarked the page.
We are retiring a bunch of 15 inch flat panels at work, for the bigger 17's and 19's.

Looks like something fun to mess around with,

Are you going to build one Rasobasi420?
If I end up doing it, I'll let you know how it turns out.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My sister's boyfriend built one, and it works great. It's more Boxy though, and has lenses placed specifically thoughout. He has to go in an manually adjust the
lenses to focus.

12m8keall2c and I have been u2uing each other regarding this, and he's built one as well. I believe his is the overhead kind, so there's experience on both sides of this.

top topics

join