It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Base?? - Los Angeles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I was wandering through Windows Live Local and found this area surrounded by undeveloped land, well away from the roads. There are many cars parked there, but only a couple of very small visible buildings and no-one to be seen. The circles and what looks like a landing strip are all flat to the ground, places for Black Helicopters maybe? I drove by the area and it cannot be seen from any of the nearby roads, there is a major sewage processing plant and numerous public parks nearby, yet this place is situated away from prying eyes.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You might have better luck finding someone familiar with this facility by posting this in

the "Area 51 and Other Facilites forum":

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12/8/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yo Dude! I live in LA!

Where is the location and I'll go check it out for you. Seriously. I want to know if there are underground bases in LA. I saw a map in the LA Times a few years ago that showed the location of some declassified missile silos that were literaly off the sides of freeways and stuff I was shocked.

So give me some info and I'll go look. It's friday tomorrows saturday I got all day to get to the bottom of this. Let me know if I can help.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Wait a second. Is this located in 'the valley' near the sepulveda dam? Is there a black smudge in a field to the north about 100 yards or so off the picture? Is there a golf course to the left (west) of the photo? If so you are looking at the Balboa Park RC plane airfield. I've been there a few times myself. The runway is there for the planes and the round concrete patches are for the RC helecopters. I live like 2 min driving time from there. In fact if you look farther south and follow the road next to it you'll see the Burbank Blvd/405 onramp, which I take every morning to work, boy is it murder. One of the worst in the city.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Neat a runway soley for RC planes, wish we had something like that here in the UK. As for the secret underground base theory, I think that just went out the window

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I could be wrong about the location, because this one is sort of visable from a road that should be about 500 out of shot on the right (east) side of the shot. It would be woodly Blvd. Theres a pretty decent bar that a lot of 20 somethings go to about a 1/4 mile to the north. The place is surrounded by parks, an artificial lake, and public gulf courses.

The area is part of the sepulveda basin, sits behind a dam, and floods real bad whenever it rains in LA. The photos of the floods from the late 90's in LA that showed the water almost as high as the street lights were all shot at the Sepulveda Basin, hence no large structures are built there.

Some small community farming and gardens there too, great place to buy pumpkins and christmas trees.

The RC field is frequented by real enthusiests. Some of them spend thousands of dollars on each plane, some even jet powered. If this is the same location then don't worry there's nothing shady going on, it's brimming with kids and their RC loving dads. Theres a few sports field for Baseball etc just to the south. The black smudge I was refering to was caused a while back when a dude crashed his RC jet into the field and about 40,000 square feet of the brush went up. About 200'X200' The runway is about 300 feet long maybe shorter. Near the road and north of the green tree line you'll see a worn patch of dirt. The smaller electric RC use that as a runway since they don't need much to take off or land, and the radios interfere with the Gas powered RC's. people can get pretty heated up there when their $2000 plane suddenly is responding to some other guys remote cause the frequencies are too similar.

If this ain't the location then I still wanna have a go looksee.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
There is the outstanding fact, however, of the number of cars there. Where are all those people at?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
See the tree line in the center. Loaded with picnic benches and small sheds where the people fly their planes over the fields and stay in the shade at the same time. People porobably wouldn't show up on camera, and as for the planes. They're not much bigger than large birds and even the big ones about 5 feet long would be hard to see, even when you're there watching them in real life they blend in pretty easily.

But like I said, don't write off the possibility that there is a base and I have the wrong location.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Also, there is a car exiting the parking lot-white. THe trees are actually about 30-45 feet tall and about 50 feet across each so lots of people can be obscured by it.

The small white things over the runway area look like some of the larger planes, and if you look near the center of the tree line, just a little out into the field-25-50 feet you'll see what I think is another of the larger RC planes.

My friend put a camera in one of his RC planes and filmed a few minutes while flying around that park (if it's the same one) He puts his other RC videos on youtube so maybe I can convince him to put this one up too. For his other stuff search youtube under Flying Over Point Dume. If you saw the video from the RC park you'd see alot of familiar things.

top topics

join