It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't edit my threads anymore!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The edit button has dissapaired from the forum, where is it?

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's still there (I think)

It might be blending in. (font color)

try highlighting the page, to see if you can see it (the edit button)

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah ya can, just mouse over the top of the reply/quote buttons and you'll find the edit function. The word "edit" isn't showing up due to the background and text being the same color, similiar to how the page numbers aren't showing up.

I would recommend using a zap color bookmarklet, comes in handy for times like these.

You can also click the word "lightest" on the top of this thread, where you see the words "darkest - dark - light - lightest", and the word "edit" will become visible.

[edit on 7-12-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
it is just above the reply button. in a slightly darker shade.

you'd miss it, if you weren't looking hard enough.

[edit on 12/7/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSaneTK
The edit button has dissapaired from the forum, where is it?

Also remember that there is a 2 hour window to edit posts.

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Also remember that there is a 2 hour window to edit posts.

Actually, I have found it to be closer to four hours.

But that was a couple of months ago. Maybe it's back to two?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
You can also click the word "lightest" on the top of this thread, where you see the words "darkest - dark - light - lightest", and the word "edit" will become visible.

Where is this button? The only thing I see is at the very top-left and the only choice I have is CUSTOMIZE: DARK. And it has no effect at all when I click on it.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The Edit Link is located directly to the left of the reply button.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I was asking where the Darkest----Light buttons were. That is, if you were answering me.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I was asking where the Darkest----Light buttons were. That is, if you were answering me.

It has changed. It's now possible to change the setting for dark or light in the upper left corner.

Customize: Dark

or

Customize: Light

[edit on 2006/12/8 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Interesting. As of today, I am no longer able to edit *some* of my posts. It does not appear to be a color issue. I am still able to post and I have not been banned or such as that. Any ideas? Some piece of software or some add-on that I'm not aware of potentially causing the problem? Perhaps the threads are locked (I appear to be able to post NEW replies in at least one of them)?

/tn.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by teleonaut]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
How long ago did you make the posts you are trying to edit?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

I posted on a couple of threads around 5am this morning and I am unable to edit them. I didn't bother trying on obscenely old threads, since I assumed that some of them may have been locked over time. I've tried with both IE and Firefox. I was able to edit my previous post though. Several of them from the last few days are uneditable as well.

/tn.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by teleonaut

There is a 2 hour window only to edited Posts...

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I believe (don't quote me on this cuz it works differently for staff) that the window for editing posts is about 2 hours.

The reason for this is because while we do want people to be able to go back and edit out mistakes, it would cause tremendous problems if members would go back in a day later and edit things after being quoted etc. It would kill the integrity and flow of the threads.

If there's some sort of glaring error in a post and you need it fixed you can always submit a complaint which goes directly to the staff forum and one of us will fix it for you.

Hope that helps!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Thanks -- makes perfect sense. I suppose I'd never actually tried to edit a post older than a couple of hours and hadn't noticed this before.

/tn.

top topics

join