It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimes And Their Punishment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
There are a couple of stories of heinous crimes circulating now that are so unfathomable to me. There is a good thread running right now regarding a man putting a baby in a freezer - www.belowtopsecret.com...

There is another current news story about a woman killing her baby in a microwave. www.cnn.com...

I have been on record in other threads that I think the American justice system is as backwards as it gets. I have been quite vocal in other threads about my support of the death penalty. I believe in hard sentences. I didn't want to hijack Chisslers thread, and turn it into a debate about crime and punishment, so here we go right here.

Let's start with Andrea Yates.
dying.about.com...
This "thing" premeditated, and carried out the drowning deaths of all 5 of her children. She planned the details, from how much time it would take to do it, right down to removing the bath mat in front of the tub so that the children couldn't get traction when they fought her. She drowned all 5 children whose ages ranged from 6 months to 7 years in the bathtub. She was found not guilty by reason of insanity.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Kill her. Will she ever be a productive member of society? Nope. Kill her. None of this appeals BS. No thousands and thousands of dollars in procedures. Kill her. I kid not when I say firing squad. It's inexpensive, very efficient, and has no pain and suffering. For those of you who will go and find instances where someone suffered due to poor marksmanship, or a low caliber bullet, I answer with this - have several marksmen with very large caliber weapons do the job. Heck use a bazooka - trust me there will be no pain and suffering.

The BTK killer, again - why is he alive? Kill him.

Every rapist, every murderer should be killed immediately. Now I am talking about cases that are absolute fact. The ones that there is absolutely no doubt about the guilt. Take care of the problem once and for all, and do it quickly. The cases where there is a doubt - then a trial process MUST take place, but quickly! I never want to hear "Well Mr. so and so, this happened a long time ago, are you sure you remember correctly?". The trial should take place days, yes DAYS after a crime is committed.
I never again want to hear "He's not guilty because he's insane.".
WHO CARES?
If this person is a menace to society, then they are not deserving to be a part of society. Period.

This "thing" Yates gets off after MURDERING her own babies, but you get busted for smoking a joint you just might do time. Does this make sense to anybody?

Jails today are a joke. Three square meals a day, TV, a library, access to telephones, ability to get an education on our tax dollars, ability to work out and become stronger and healthier when they went in.

I think prisons should be a true prison. Just enough sustenance to keep the prisoners alive. No TV, no newspapers or books, just enough heat so they don't freeze to death, and just enough air conditioning so they don't die of heat stroke. Small cells, and no perks at all. It is a prison. Prisoners don't like it, well they shouldn't have committed crimes against society.

Does killing someone who raped and killed a child make the executioner a murderer as well? I'm sure that some will argue that point. I don't see it that way. There is a big difference between a scumbag picking out a random victim, then killing them for absolutely no reason whatsoever other than the scumbags own pleasure, and an executioner removing the scumbag. BIG difference.
Why should my tax dollars be used to put one drop of water on a murderers parched tongue?
Some may argue that it costs more to execute, than to keep in prison. I find this very hard to believe. Take the BTK killer out back of the jail the day after he was arrested. Shoot him. So far our total expenditure is probably around 5 bucks. Throw his wretched body in the incinerator with the rest of the trash. Problem solved. NEXT!

So it cost us about 10 bucks - no let's say 20 bucks to take care of the problem.

Let's do the math here. It costs between twenty thousand and thirty thousand dollars a year to house each inmate.

www.ojp.usdoj.gov...

Or it can cost us about 20 dollars.
My dad raised a family of 4. He made around 30 thousand dollars a year, and let me tell you - he earned every single penney he made. Why should I spend a years hard earned salary so that some murdering piece of trash can be made comfortable? And heaven forbid that his execution might be "cruel or unusual" or painful in any way. I mean all he did was kidnap, rape then strangle that 7 year old girl with her own socks. Cut me a break.

How does everyone else feel about this?

[edit on 30-11-2006 by lombozo]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I totally agree with you. People who commit horrific crimes aren't people at all, they're scum. They deserve NO second chances, they didn't give their victims any did they?

75 cents for a bullet or 30 grand a year?

I think the choice is obvious.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think this might belong in the Rant section of BTS.

I do have to agree with you on several parts of your post but killing the people that rape, murder, and other such crimes only brings you down to their level.

Why do you want them to have such a nice easy and painful death? These people have made others suffer, let them suffer aswell. They need to be rotting in jail for years after years and when they get out they need to be doing years after years of community service.

Orginally posted by lombozo
She drowned all 5 children whose ages ranged from 6 months to 7 years in the bathtub. She was found not guilty by reason of insanity.

This is terrible, all people have to do now a days is to just say your insane and you get a slap on the wrist? Thats is so much BS it's not even funny! If she had the time to think about removing the bath mat in front of the tub so that the children couldn't get traction to fight back, then she was in the right mind to be able to determine what she was doing.

I think the Insanity Plea is allowing criminals to avoid Justice. To be able to Plea Insanity you have to be so mentally ill at the time that you are not aware of your actions and completely have no control over what is right or wrong. She is definitely aware of her actions, and I do not know how anyone on this earth could not know that killing 5 babies is not wrong.

Here is another heinous crime that didn't fit the punishment.
Man Jailed for Putting Puppy In Oven

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
I totally agree with you. People who commit horrific crimes aren't people at all, they're scum. They deserve NO second chances, they didn't give their victims any did they?

75 cents for a bullet or 30 grand a year?

I think the choice is obvious.

Hey Zanzibar,
It does seem pretty obvious when you think about it. These scumbags are getting off easy by getting a painless death.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Crisis

I do have to agree with you on several parts of your post but killing the people that rape, murder, and other such crimes only brings you down to their level.

Why do you want them to have such a nice easy and painful death? These people have made others suffer, let them suffer aswell. They need to be rotting in jail for years after years and when they get out they need to be doing years after years of community service.

I disagree with executing a murderer bringing the executioner down to their level.
It's not the same thing.

I agree that giving a nice easy death is letting them off easy. I could care less if they let lions eat them like in the old gladiator days quite frankly. But I have real issues with my tax dollars going towards the care of these prisoners. Let's lowball and say it's 20 grand a year, and BTK lives for 20 years. That means that 400 THOUSAND dollars went to his care. Oh and if he gets sick - he gets free healthcare - that must be nice.
KILL THEM. They aren't just singled out, they did acts that made them deserve the punishment. Sorry, but in my humble opinion - game over.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
firing squad. It's inexpensive, very efficient, and has no pain and suffering. For those of you who will go and find instances where someone suffered due to poor marksmanship, or a low caliber bullet, I answer with this - have several marksmen with very large caliber weapons do the job. Heck use a bazooka - trust me there will be no pain and suffering.

Why not let them suffer? Particularly her, drowning five children, why shouldn't she suffer?

Actually I have a great idea, lets just ship them to iraq and let them fight the insurgents, instead of the soldiers, just let them out and fend for themselves, they should last maybe er, 5 minutes.

new topics

top topics

join