It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My oldest Dog died today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Her name was Carni.
She was a rescued dog, who came with a case of Parvo, as a pup.
We nursed her through that. She had a good life.

She died two hours ago, she was 14.
She was a very sweet dog. Mine and my wife's first pet together.

I heard her breathing in a strange way, the other dogs were looking at her, puzzled.
I held her for a few minutes, comforting her. She passed quietly.

I'm sad.
I'll miss her.

She's the one on the right, picture taken three years ago.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Thats a pity, she looks to be a lovely dog. Still 14 years isn't bad for a dog. I'm not really any good with what to say in this situation, sorry.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thanks apex
you're right, 14 years is a good life for a dog.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Im so sorry to hear this.

Its horrible when you loose a beloved pet
They are part of the family.

Atleast she had a great life with you my friend.

rest in peace carni!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm so sorry. I lost my German Shepherd last week, he was a year old. It's not fun. We lost our oldest shepherd last April....she was 15 years old. The shepherd that was a year old was gonna be her replacement guard dog.

Once again, I'm very sorry

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I know exactly how you feel, I have lost 4 of my babies within the last 6 months. And all where before their time. 14 is good for a dog, but it still feels unfair.

Just keep thinking of her and her funny times.

Here are my babies.
They lived good lifes, but all where cut short. But unfortunately this is life.

Oni x x

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

We never have them long enough, do we? Be it a year, be it 20, it is never long enough.
My condolences to you, I recently lost my 11 year old Outlaw, and my 14 year old Velvet within a couple weeks of each other.
NonPet owners won't understand. They are not just dogs, or cats or whahave you, they are friends, and family, your closest compainion, the only thing that loves you unconditionally, sees no fault in you. And when they are gone, there is an empty place inside that takes time to fill.
Don'tworry, she is waiting for you, and if she gets tired of waiting, don't be surprised if one day, you bring home a dog that does everything she did, the way she did it. I have had that happen a few times.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'm sorry for you spacedoubt, I've lost pets in the past and always cried my eyes out over it.

It's like losing a cherished family member.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thank you all for your kind words.
It's interesting how the whole dynamic of our "pack" has changed.

I don't really know if I should have even posted something about this.
I figured it would be a little tribute to a great dog.
And all my best to those who have recently lost a pets of theirs.

thanks again..

new topics

top topics

join